Getting started

bigpinksMarch 19, 2012

My day got off to a bad start as I dropped three potted 7" plants and broke the top out of one. Ten hours later under the lights they still appear OK. I then seeded Goliath, NAR, Chapman, Black Pineapple, Orange Slice, Black Cherry, Italian Ice, Orange Paruche, and have Porterhouse, Sunny Boy, Pineapple and Mexico still to go. All have two seeds per 7oz styrofoam cup. When I get done in an hour or so I will have about 40 cups covered with saran wrap. I always buy a dozen Estler Mortgage Lifter plants from a local greenhouse. And jeez...I had to push the mower around....I'm too fat and old. Thinking of a riding mower soon. Almost forgot the Cherokee Purple and Indian Stripe. The CP are seeded but havent got to the IS yet as I just got those from Victory Seeds today.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bertman_gw(5B West Conn)

Big pink I havent seeded in years. If its not too late I may give it a go! If your seeding all these varieties can you utilize the leftover seeds you dont use for next year?
So Sorry about your lost plants.
Do you sell these? Or do all those go in the garden?

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 12:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigpinks

All are planted. Tomato seeds will last for yrs if they are stored in a dry cool environment. I think the dropped plants are going to recover. Thanks

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 7:45AM
More Discussions
Supermarket Tomato Plants III
Here are the 2 plants from my wifes tomato that sprouted...
garf_gw
Row Covers for Frost Protection on early tomatoes?
I'm in southeast Ohio and I'm wanting to plant tomatoes...
hockingapple
Can I prevent mealy tomatoes?
I cut open my first ripen tomato and it was totally...
snoop92
which tomato seeds to get?
Live in zone 9b (about 60 miles North of Galveston...
new-beginning
Are You Germinating Yet ?
Now that you've got all the seeds and have decided...
seysonn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™