How can I get a seedpod from Alamanda Cherrie's Jubille

sjp8987September 25, 2008

hi all!

According to Plantfiles, Allamanda, 'cherries jubilee' is capable of setting seed. However, when I look down into the inside of the flower - I don't see any reproductive structures. Do any of y'all know what they look like or how I can hand pollinate? I am so confused!

Thanks in advance!

Samantha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

I have an Allamanda schottii 'Variegata' that I'm guessing is self fertile because it has two seed pods. It's in the greenhouse and is the only allamanda that I have. I've never attempted to hand pollinate it. There's an occasional bee or butterfly in there.
Karyn

Bookmark   September 26, 2008 at 8:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladygreensleeves

Allamanda Cherrie Jubilee does not set a seed pod from the flowers per say. It will put on seed pods occationally that look round kinda flat and spiny. Allow them to mature on the plant and turn brown and dry out before removing them.My Cherrie Jubilee has only put one pod on in four years. I think that is because I keep it pruned back because it growes so fast and the branches get so long and heavy with flowers that they start breaking! So maybe if It was allowed to just grow and do its own thing.......
ohhhh and I have lots of butterflies and a very possesive wood bee that does the pollinating.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 12:23AM
More Discussions
Albuca spiralis seeds
Hello! Does anyone know from where can I get Albuca...
xylocyb
Strelitzia flower stalk?...Hope so!
Was having a tidying session in the g/h and decided...
greenclaws UKzone8a
Psidium Guajava
Hi, I am trying to source some tropical plants, but...
paulwba
Making roots larger on Ficus 'Ginseng'
Hi! This is my first post ever on the forums! I recently...
Kottepalm
Brown edges on leaves
My White Bat Plant's leaves are turning brown. What...
copanolady
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™