Bordeau Mix on Mango Trees

jalilu(Sunset Zone 23/24)April 5, 2013

Hi

How often Bordeaux Mix could be sprayed on 2 year old mango trees? This spring is wetter than usual, and I am afraid that some fungus disease weaken or even kill them. Thanks.

Jalilu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

I do not use that brand but I found this info (below) on the web for your Bordeaux Mix...hope it helps. You can always email or call the company if they have a contact info?

I use "Southern Ag Liquid Copper Fungicide" for Anthracnose, the application on mine says " Apply at 30 day intervals from the time the panicles are 2 inches high until all fruits are set until August".

Each Brand is different so make sure you read your label...even on mine I do NOT apply it as often as it says...usually I stop spraying once the fruits have reached appx. Pea size...

Assuming you do not have any fruits on your 2 year old tree...I would guess you can apply it as needed especially if you are seeing fungus on the tree...just don't over use. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bordeaux Mix...

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 7:34AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jalilu(Sunset Zone 23/24)

Thanks Nancy! I use to prepare the mixture myself because there are no commercial B.M. brands sold here.

Maybe these trees are older because the Keitt and Glenn started to bloom, but I removed the panicles to favor growth. Nevertheless, I will not spray them again as long as they don't show signs of fungal diseases.

Jalilu

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
when mexican mangoes reach peak season?
i have a chance to go to mexico and i wanna go when...
poch1989
Do you have a Soursop that is producing fruit for you?
I purchased a Soursop back in 2009 and it has always...
bananafan
Avocado leaves dying
I've been growing two avocado plants for about 10 months...
leuconoe
Lychee like grapes
I just sat down reading some of the forum posts with...
zone10aridgardener
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™