Chlorosis and Carambola

CarambolaSeptember 14, 2011

I am new and this is my first post, so please bear with me.

Earlier this April I managed to propagate some Carambola trees from seed. I have twelve of them and they are growing in 1 gallon containers filled with Miracle-Gro� Cactus, Palm and Citrus Soil. For the last two or three months they have not been growing very much, most are suffering from some form of chlorosis. What I can't seem to figure out, is the cause of the chlorosis. I know that it is due to some deficiency in either Iron, Zinc, Manganese, or Magnesium, possibly a combination of these. I've treated them with a slow release fertilizer (Miracle-Gro� Shake 'n Feed� Plus Moisture Control� All Purpose Continuous Release Plant Food) in the hopes that it might give them some of the micronutrients they are lacking. It has only been a week, but it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect. I'm considering getting something that has more Iron and Magnesium, possibly a foliar.

Here are some photos of my plants; http://www.flickr.com/photos/humanenigma/sets/72157627549137725/

Any suggestions are welcome and would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathjack

try some lime or dolomite. if the soil is too acidic, the plants can't pick up the nutrients. And once the plants are 5-6 inches tall, they need to be grown in the full sun. good luck

Bookmark   September 25, 2011 at 7:33AM
More Discussions
It may be too late, but what it happening to my Avocado tree?
So my little tree is about ten months old. The whole...
anielskim
Strelitzia flower stalk?...Hope so!
Was having a tidying session in the g/h and decided...
greenclaws UKzone8a
Orange Flame Justicia bug
I have this on my orange flame plant. It has a hard...
sorie6
Wax Jambu in California?
Haves somebody get fruiting Syzygium samarangense anywhere...
jose_carlos
Strelitzia reginae
I'm growing a strelitzia in a container in a sunny...
charles27gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™