Potato Leaf Question

dbannie04(8 TX)March 26, 2012

I grew (2) Depp's Pink Firefly and (6) Aunt Gertie's Gold from seed this year. Both are supposed to be potato leafed. One of the Depp's Pink was regular leafed and (2) of the Aunt Gertie's were regular leafed. Is this normal for them to revert back to regular leaf? I bought the Aunt Gertie's seeds from Tomato Grower Supply Co. and the Depp's Pink Firefly seeds were from The Sample Seed Shop (I think their's are OP). I know that the plants are NOT mislabeled, as I was very meticulous during planting and with labeling.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if these are some sort of cross pollinated mutt, or if occasionally you can get a normal leaf plant that produces tomatoes true to their variety. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mudman93(3)

No, it is not possible to get a regular leaf from a variety that is OP and is suppose to be a potato leaf. It is either a cross or more likely a mix up in the packaging.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 11:10PM
tomato_jam(6)

I've never had a Depp throw regular-leaf seedlings in 12 years of saving the seed, and the original family can't remember seeing regular leaf plants. Sorry! If you want some Depp seed, just let me know your mailing address and I'll send them to you.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 2:58PM
dbannie04(8 TX)

Thanks for the input!

@Tomato_Jam--I sent you an e-mail about the seeds.

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 12:32PM
tomato_jam(6)

dbannie04-

I'm so sorry - I'm not on GW all that much any more - and I'll happily send you some seeds (sorry it's so late) - my email address on here is ancient, please send email to clarkbooks@gmail.com. Sorry again.

julie

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 6:12AM
More Discussions
Turbo-Tomato Mulch (Red Plastic) From Gurneys
First time poster here. I wonder if anybody has used...
andrew_swmo
Tomato clips
I'm thinking of using tomato clips this year. Tying...
carriehelene
The Color Of Tomato
Do you remember the movie called The Color Of Money...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
New To Me .. Big Beef
I know there are some of you who are/have been growing...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Brandy Boy Contest -2015
I propose a "Brandy Boy Contest" for 2015...
hudson___wy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™