Help to germinate Ylang vine seed

fluffybonbon(9)October 16, 2012

Hi everyone,

I bought some Ylang vine or Artabotrys odoratissimus seeds .

Do you guy know how to sprout these seeds ?

Please give me some tips , i would appreciated with any help .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark4321_gw

Hi Joy,

I noticed that an Ebay seller is selling a different Artabotrys species (A. hexapetalus), which is also called Ylang-Ylang vine. Should the germination protocol be the same? She says the seeds are from her own vine and she gives detailed instructions. So she's not just a middleman passing on inviable seeds with bogus instructions. She's also a friendly and helpful person if you were to have questions.

The Ebay seller is Arghya Gardens (Liz). Hopefully it's OK to quote from her auction:

''Sprouting Seed: Prepare a 4'' pot for each seed. Soil mix should have some Perlite added to lighten the mix. Nick seeds with a file or sharp clippers. Soak in distilled water for two days. Remove seed, dry and dust with fungicide. Push seed into your mix to a level of approx. 1/2'' and cover. Keep evenly moist, but not wet. Warmth of approximately 75 - 80 degrees is essential. Be aware that it may take some months for the seed to sprout.''

A problem with Gardenweb: Gardenweb automatically replaces double quotes with single quotes. This results in all sorts of problems, such as changing inches ('') to feet ('). Hopefully I fixed these above. At first it said to plant the seeds half a foot deep in a four foot pot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay auction fro Artabotyrs hexapetalus with germination instructions.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 3:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fluffybonbon(9)

Great! thanks Randy.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 9:57AM
More Discussions
Anyone have cuttings/plants they need to get rid of?
I am looking to start a tropical garden and was wondering,...
mizzalic
Orange Flame Justicia bug
I have this on my orange flame plant. It has a hard...
sorie6
where can I find the full "suicidal gardenia" thread?
Anyone know where to read the whole thing?
dreambig3becca
New Ficus Tree Plant
Happy New Year my new Ficus tree plant
kings_rose
Looking for wax jambu , Star fruit and Barbados cherry cuttings
Looking to purchase Wax Jambu (Black Pearl) Star fruit...
poetie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™