anyone with photos of larry's iris

ishareflowersJune 22, 2011

I woke up today to two emails...one from dem_pa and another fron Vicki with pictures of blooming iris'. Did anyone else remember to take a pic for Larry to see...

Larry turned 86 since sending out iris rhizomes but he is still with us!! I would love to be able to show him some photos next time I visit..

Thanks

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veeja11(z7Wa)

sorry but mine are still too small to bloom maybe next year

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 5:25PM
patti1957(8 OR)

Mine is still too small to bloom. I am hoping for next year.

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 12:06PM
colcol(5a)

I had to move, and took them with me. However, very sorry to say I lost track of them & now don't know which is which.

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 11:56PM
dan_the_mailman

mine died after about 2 months.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 10:10PM
kalena67

My are looking great, but still waiting for a bloom. Hopefully next year! :)

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 3:22PM
suecirish(6 SE MA)

Hi Lisa, Sorry for the delay. The Iris received from Larry bloomed last year and again this year. It seems to have settled in and is doing well. I love it and I have found an historic iris that I think might be the one, called 'Honorable' though I have no way of knowing for sure.
From 2011GardenPart2

Here is a link that might be useful: Larry's Iris in Massachusetts

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 9:48PM
ishareflowers

I thought I would bring this thread back for people who have Larry's iris's to post pics of.

Sadly, Larry passed away this past fall at the ripe old age of 86!

DOUCETTE, Lawrence L. Of Wilmington, November 15, 2011 at age 86. Beloved husband of the late Jean (Smith) Doucette. Devoted father of David Doucette and his wife Barbara, Suzanne Rude and her husband Curtiss, Valerie Sydell and her husband Cliff. Cherished grandfather of Valerie Rude, Elizabeth Rude, Michelle Doucette, Christopher Sydell and Amy Doucette. Dear brother of Harold Doucette and his wife Ann, Pauline VanSchalkwyk and the late William, Arthur and Wilbur Doucette. His close friends, Helen Dacey, Lillian Brown and Mike Elia. Also survived by many loving nieces and nephews. US Army Veteran, Korea. President of Historic Iris Preservation Society. Member of A.I.M. of Wilmington. Funeral from the Doherty - Barile Family Funeral Home, 11 Linden St., READING, Saturday at 9am, followed by a Funeral Mass celebrating Lawrence's Eternal Life in St. Thomas of Villanova Church, 126 Middlesex Ave., Wilmington at 10am. Family and friends are cordially invited to gather and share remembrances with the Family on Friday from 3-7pm in the Funeral Home. Interment Wildwood Cemetery, Wilmington.

Please post pictures here!

Lisa

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 6:15PM
booberry85(5)

Here's a pic of what mine looks like (actually I gave it to my Mom for her birthday).

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 8:54PM
sandlapper_rose(Zone 8)

I'm so sorry to hear that Larry passed away. He sounds like a special person and it's wonderful that his irises are bringing joy to other gardeners. I didn't receive any plants from him so I can't post a picture. I just wanted to express my sadness that he passed away and my joy that he shared his plants from his special garden. If there are plants in heaven, I'm sure he is enjoying the gardens there.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 9:46AM
booberry85(5)

I'm so sorry about Larry. In a way, I have him to attribute to my new found affinity for irises. I placed an order with Schreiners just a week ago. I'm glad his memory will live in in others gardens.

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 9:50AM
More Discussions
WiLlY NiLlY AnYtHiNg GoEs SuPrIsE SwAp
Welcome to the 2nd annual willy nilly anything goes...
sunsetfarm
2015 New England Plant Swap, Adams Farm, Walpole MA June 6 2015 9am
Calling everyone with green thumbs and dirty fingernails!...
lancerobinson
new: fotess snowflake sweetheart swap: begins jan. 2015
Snowflake Sweetheart Swap: a True Round Robin Swap...
sandlapper_rose
NEW: veggie, herb (culinary & medicinal),edible seed swap
Hello, I would like to host a seed swap for edibles...
oliviarosaline
Commercial Seed Swap part 2
It's that time of year again. I have been doing this...
ishareflowers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™