WANTED: Seeds of chinese pistache and/or silver maple?

roselee z8b S.W. TexasJanuary 13, 2012

I have a friend with lots of land that wants to grow a few chinese pistache & silver maple trees. If you have seeds to either of these let me know and we'll see if we can come up with some seeds you might want in trade, or can pay postage.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Roselee, give me a few days and I will check to see if my pistache has mature seeds. Will get back with you.

Bookmark   January 13, 2012 at 10:28PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Roselee, I went out today and checked both of my female Chinese pistache trees, and there is not a seed to be found on either of them. Wonder if the birds have already eaten them or if they need to be harvested before they freeze? I have never had one germinate anywhere around these two (they are in different locations) so don't know if the seed are even viable. Anyone out there with more knowledge about them, please chime in.

Bookmark   January 15, 2012 at 3:51PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Carrie, thanks for being willing to check on them. I found where seeds of both trees were offered on eBay so she'll probably go with those.

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 10:35PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

It brought up something for me to check on next season though. I had never thought of harvesting the seeds.

Bookmark   January 19, 2012 at 8:20AM
CLinNorthTexas(7)

I live NW of Denton (Texas) and have literally hundreds of little Silver Maple trees sringing up all over my yard in various sizes, anyone that wants them are welcome to come, bring your shovel and plenty of trash bags to put them in. You're welcomed to come get as many as you can haul. Weekends are best for me, Sundays would be better...just email me and we'll set up a time and date.

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 6:58AM
More Discussions
WANTED: wanted: Chinese Tallow Trees
can use a lot of them. have red oak seedlings, a couple...
sylviatexas1
HAVE: Kale
I just harvested kale...I have more than I can use...does...
Suzan51
WANTED: Garden buddies in Dallas area
Hi! I would greatly appreciate anyone who has sun perennials...
mrao77
WANTED: Casimiroa pringlei
I am looking for Casimiroa pringlei plants or seeds. Thanks, Ed...
katyrarefruitgrower
WANTED: Newbie seed help
Hi I have just started container gardening in my tiny...
schywalker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™