Best Practices for hand pollinating rollinia?

a.t.jamesonNovember 24, 2009

I live in Pinellas county and have two rollinia deliciosas in large containers that are about 4 years old. They are finaly flowering, but I cannot seem to succesfully pollinate them by hand. Anyone have any advice on what works best?

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ronald123

Simply collect pollin from the male flowers that are ready to shed their pollin and brush the pollin on the female flowers. If there are no female flowers you might try saving pollin till the following morning when more blooms open.

Where I am the best time seems to be late afternoon.
Hope that helps.

Bookmark   November 25, 2009 at 1:00PM
vinceSFL

I planted my tree last year. It was appx 2.5 ft talk. It is now over 8ft tall. I feel it should be ready to bloom soon. Any ideas on how to make this happen? Maybe some more potassium? It is growing so fast. My other annonas are 3yrs old, that is sugar apple and custard apple and atemoya. My Rollinia has out grown them all in just one year.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 8:06PM
vinceSFL

I planted my tree last year. It was appx 2.5 ft talk. It is now over 8ft tall. I feel it should be ready to bloom soon. Any ideas on how to make this happen? Maybe some more potassium? It is growing so fast. My other annonas are 3yrs old, that is sugar apple and custard apple and atemoya. My Rollinia has out grown them all in just one year.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
Strelitzia reginae
I'm growing a strelitzia in a container in a sunny...
charles27gardener
Strelitzia flower stalk?...Hope so!
Was having a tidying session in the g/h and decided...
greenclaws UKzone8a
Anyone have cuttings/plants they need to get rid of?
I am looking to start a tropical garden and was wondering,...
mizzalic
Worsleya Procera seeds
I have been looking for Worsleya Procera seeds for...
jadesga1
gribbleton
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™