Pink Ohia

yaslan(8 WA state)May 3, 2010

You were all correct, I couldn't stop with just 2 tropical fruit trees!

My friend offered to buy me another lychee tree, so being a tropical-fruit-tree-enthusiast, I couldn't say no... Besides it was 75% off and priced at a whopping $25 bucks! Here she is with my almost 3 year old. This lychee is taller and lusher than my Brewster.

Bo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hmhausman(FL 10B)

Congrats on your new addition! The tree, I mean. Ok, congrats on the almost three year old too! Good luck with Pink Ohia. It is the only Ohia that I haven't tried. I had multiple Ohia trees (but lost one in the hurricane enirely and one other was badly damaged). I never knew there were any other type of Ohia. Then I heard (and bought) a Red Ohia...then a Pink Ohia. Sadly, the Pink Ohia has never fruited for me. I hope yours does better. Maybe you'll be able to tell me all about it by getting your to fruit first.

Harry

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 5:47PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

LOL! Thanks Harry. ( : I sure hope both my lychee and mango trees bears fruits. I can't tell you how unexpected and fantastically thrilling all four of these purchases were! ( :
Bo

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 6:26PM
jsvand5

Do you know what wholesale nursery those trees are coming from? That is a really nice sized tree for $25. I have been looking for Pink Ohia as well.

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 6:54PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

Harry, sorry to hear your pink ohia didn't make. But I sure hope your red ohia and other lychee trees does well for ya and bears lots of fruits this year and many more to come!

jvsand5, thanks! I think Portland Nursery was trying to get rid of their tropical fruit trees and make room for other plants. This pink ohia came from Pine Island Nursery. Good luck with your search.

Bo

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 7:27PM
jsvand5

I thought I recognized that tag on the plant. Kind of surprised they get plants from all the way down here instead of CA.

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 7:34PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

jvsand5, Portland Nursery is very reputable in our area. They must've thought extremely highly of Pine Island to buy tropical fruit trees from them instead of a nursery in CA. That's the only reason I can think of. Also, I know a lot of folks here have nothing but good things to say about Pine. I don't think I've heard anything negative. With this in mind, I am thrilled my lychee and mango trees came from Pine Island. ( :
Bo

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Growing Papaya Tree in Socal
HI all, just went to the backyard this morning and...
tydiggy0628
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and...
giantgunnera
Yellowing of Papaya leaves
Hi all, My papaya plant has been losing it's lower...
CoryMiamiBeach
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™