The Garden Geeks Summer Shuffle Seed Swap

thegardengeek(4)June 15, 2013

We have great success with our late fall seed exchange, we have decided to do one in early summer. I am hoping to encourage new traders to get their feet wet so this is a very relaxed swap. If you have specific expectations in your trades, you may not want to join as this one is for everyone!

Trade the seeds you have left over or seeds from last year's garden for seeds you don't have so you can plant them in next years planting!

It's that time again!! Start collecting your seeds, and labeling them well...because this round robin is now open!!

Jump on in and let us know you are joining us!! Send me an e-mail so I can get you my address or visit me (The Garden Geeks) on facebook where my address is posted.

Here is how to do it. Package your seeds up , you can use anything from those small plastic envies to home made ones made from junk mail. Be sure to label them well so we know what it is, then stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and send it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one you did not send, take the address and stamps you sent and place them on the envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :). It's that simple!

Very few rules No seeds from before 2012. No packs of "wild flower" seeds. (both will be excepted as donation to our free seed giveaways on facebook though) All packs must be labeled with what it is. DO NOT send money for postage, just postage please.
Finally, HAVE FUN!!

Normally, the very large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone elses. People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so.

This will be a large seed swap - going across several sites so please get your seeds in as soon after the opening date that you can! Last fall we had around 200 participants.

Swap runs from June 21st to July 26th. Any seeds that come in after that date will be returned unopened.

* no more then 10 packs of one kind of seed
*you can add drop in a SHORT note of a few items you don't want and maybe a few wishes. (NO PROMISES but I will do my best with what comes in :)
**Remember, larger envies will take longer to fill. We do our best to be fair but be warned, if you are expecting commercial seeds only you will be disappointed.

I will keep track on envies that come in and are sent out on the The Garden Geeks facebook page, for this event. I hope you all join us!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sguanzon(z9 AZ)

I'll join! Can you send me the address to send seeds to?

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 6:22PM
Binky123

I want in on this too

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 12:22PM
socalgardengal

I'm in as well. I have a bunch of seeds with only enough to get someone started. Please email me your address to send seeds to. Thanks

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 12:16AM
grdngramma(4)

I want in too, send me the information and I'll get busy. Thanks very much for doing this, sounds like lots of work on your part, is much appreciated.

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 9:35AM
sromkie(9)

If I want to participate, how many seeds should I place in each pack?

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 2:46PM
zzackey(8b GA)

I want in, but I don't see my post on here. I must have emailed you.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 7:19PM
letha1971(7 AR)

I would love to join! Please email me.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 8:29AM
borge99(9)

Would like to join. my understanding is all type of seeds (except mixes) are ok? i.e. flowers, trees, veggies etc.

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 11:34PM
sguanzon(z9 AZ)

I'm sorry to say I need to bow out of this swap. Too many things on my plate now, Maybe next time!

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 2:11PM
leila hamaya(8 nor cal)

i would like to join.

i have some stuff that is good for fall and winter sowing...as well as some other stuff.

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 2:59PM
zzackey(8b GA)

I mailed my seeds yesterday. I'm so excited to see what I get in exchange.

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 6:30PM
domehome(9 CA)

I'm in. I just looked in my seed box and I still have lots of good seeds I didn't get in this year. And just this week I collected some from the garden for next year . . . arghhh.

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 7:51PM
Tatreanna(6a)

My first Round-Robin! I'm excited! I'll get my seeds out Monday!

Email sent, too.

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 1:19AM
winnie13(ma)

I want to join, what is your mailing address? :)

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 11:57AM
wonky(7)

I want to join! I'm new to gardening and new to trading, but I have some stuff I can't use (small balcony garden) and would like to trade them for stuff I can.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 2:21AM
pinkiris

Would love to join!

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 4:18PM
zzackey(8b GA)

I got my seeds today. Some really cool ones. Thanks for the yellow watermelon seeds. I can't find mine, so I will plant these instead. Thanks!!

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 3:37PM
More Discussions
NEW: Beans, peas and legumes swap
I'll be hosting this swap. But, it's YOUR swap for...
tormato
March FOTESS Swap - Basic Butterflies-101
Evening, Everyone and welcome to the March FOTESS Swap!...
sjc48
Commercial Seed Swap part 2
It's that time of year again. I have been doing this...
ishareflowers
OBF March Spring A Ding Ding
Our Blooming Friends Friendship Swap Group [0BF] was...
EricaBraun
NEW: New Year's Theme Swap
It's that time of year for New Beginnings and a fresh...
mcc371
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™