cherimoya, rollinia, and sugar apple

407Bob(9b)December 14, 2012

I started cherimoya, rollinia, and sugar apple seeds indoors underlights in february of 2012. They all sprouted and grew through out the summer, outdoors. The sugar apple grew 18", the rollinia grew 24", the cherimoya grew 48". As winter approached the sugar apple stopped growing when the temperature dropped to 65f.The cherimoya stopped growing when it dropped to 50f. The rollinia kept growing quite well until it dropped to 40f. I was actually surprised that the rollinia seemed more cold tolerant than the cherimoya. All the plants were grown in the same spot with the same nutrients same water schedule. rsmith28hi@yahoo.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
407Bob(9b)

I have moved the plants indoors with the rest of my potted tropical fruit trees. The weather here in Orlando has been fluctuating too much for growth to continue. They are under a 400w mh and when the plants get accustomed to that I add a 275w sodium and wait for March.

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 12:23PM
407Bob(9b)

The rollinia has just started sending out new growth now that it has been under the light for a week.

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 1:07PM
407Bob(9b)

The cherimoya and sugar apple have been unresponsive to the light so far. The rollinia seems to cope with temperature swings better than the cherimoya and sugar apple. On a different note my canistels are sending out leaves very well and my pasiflora quadrangulis is sending out new growth.

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 1:26PM
GardenHelp

Hi. I tried getting a sugar apple grow from seed and was unsuccessful. It never sprouted. What kind of conditions did you use to sprout the seeds?

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Albuca spiralis seeds
Hello! Does anyone know from where can I get Albuca...
xylocyb
Desert Rose leaf tips dying
I've had this desert rose (my favourite plant) for...
plantrookie
Pre made soil mixes for indoor tropical plants
What are the best soils that are pre bagged? Currently...
gribbleton
where can I find the full "suicidal gardenia" thread?
Anyone know where to read the whole thing?
dreambig3becca
Broadleaf Tropical Indoor Plant ID Help
There is a picture of a large leaf plant, it appears...
Brett Reilly
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™