Fresh Jakfruit

yaslan(8 WA state)May 21, 2010

This Jakfruit was $1.95/lbs and incredibly sweet (even for me) but it was still good.

Andrew, I don't think it would've survived shipping. Though, I hope to get one that's not too ripe and send ya some.

Bo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andrew78(6)

Hello Bo,
That's fine. Just you thinking of sending it meant a lot. Honestly, I don't even know if I would be able to open it up to get to the good stuff. How much did that cost you? Okay, you describe it as sweet but any other flavors worth mentioning? I just have no idea what to expect. The fruit just doesn't scream "EAT ME!", I do want to try it someday. Maybe there will be some in Florida when I go but then again, I have no idea when they are in season either.
Andrew

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 11:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yaslan(8 WA state)

Jakfruit was $40 bucks. It has a firm texture and weird aftertaste. The flavors are kind of complex and difficult to describe. I want to say it's almost pineapple-like but that would be a stretch. I think this one was too over ripe and is a bit mushy. It's not the best jakfruit. I definitely would've have 1 cherimoya over the entire jakfruit! When is your trip to Florida?
Bo

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 11:27PM
More Discussions
WTB Wax Jambu, Star fruit and Barbados Cherry cuttings
Want to buy (WTB) cuttings of the following plants Star...
poetie
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
soursop tree
Hello, we have some young soursop trees and they have...
cee8
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
How to protect your tropical fruit trees from freezing?
Here in 9b fl, we're expecting some hours of freezing...
bananafan2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™