WANTED: Green Malabar Spinach seeds

roselee z8b S.W. TexasFebruary 18, 2010

Does anyone have the green Malabar Spinach seeds for sale or trade? I have grown both the red and the green and prefer the green. The red stem variety is pretty, but the green is a larger vine with larger leaves in my experience, is milder in flavor, and doesn't go to seed so quickly like the red stemmed one does.

There is only one place that I can find them offered for sale on line, Evergreen Seeds, but there is a $10.00 minimum required before they will ship.

If I have to buy them there does anyone know which other Asian vegetables might be good to grow in Texas, even if I have to wait till fall to plant them?

Here is a link that might be useful: Evergreen Seeds, an Asian Vegetable source

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

I went ahead and ordered some from Evergreen Seeds. Hopefully I will have some seeds from my vines to share next year if anybody wants to try it.

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 8:44AM
merrybookwyrm

What size package did you order? Hadn't wanted to spend $10 just on malabar spinach, and don't want anything else they have this year. :-(

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 1:06PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Send me your mailing address through my page and I'll send a few. VERY few since I already shared them with another person, but since they make a big vine you don't need many. But you have to promise to order us some Rat Tail Radish seeds next season ;-)

JUST KIDDING!!! LOL

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 7:34PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Merrybookwyrm, I hope my kidding around didn't scare you off. I'd be glad to share some seeds with you. I'd like to keep it going and seeds shared since IMHO it is a very worthy plant!

Send me an email from 'my page'. Your page doesn't have a link to send an email to you.

Bookmark   March 16, 2010 at 10:17PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Just thought I'd let y'all know Merrybookwyrm contacted me has Green Malabar on the way.

Also I found some Rat Tail Radish seeds on Johnny's Selected seed site so will be ordering some from there along with row covers. They get four or five ft. tall, but I have no idea what kind of growth habit to expect. Anybody here ever grow them?

Here is a link that might be useful: Podding radish ...

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Hardy hibiscus
If you've got some seeds, I'll trade you. I've got...
Xtal
WANTED: Jujubetexas@
Please put me in contact with JUJUBETEXAS of San Marcos,...
jaxsanmarcos
WANTED: Casimiroa pringlei
I am looking for Casimiroa pringlei plants or seeds. Thanks, Ed...
katyrarefruitgrower
WANTED: flower seeds
I live in South Austin and am a newbie. I do container...
Karen.137
HAVE: Denton County 2014 Fall Swap
Denton County 2014 Fall Swap Sunday, October 19, 2014 2:00...
melvalena
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™