wanted: plant swap ne texas

txgarden57(7/8)March 7, 2007

Would anyone be interested in a plant swap in Northeast Texas say in the Paris, Sulphur Springs, Commerce area? I'm thinking it might be fun to do one up here if there is any interest.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ambersas

That's my area too! But I'm rebuilding this place - reestablishing the gardens/woodlands - and don't have anything left over to swap! The only thing that survived the previous owners neglect are the 4 o'clocks that haven't yet reappeared.

Dorothy

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 12:37PM
etfishwolf(8)

Just found this post. Wasn't aware there was a separate section. I would attend a swap or get together of some kind in the Sulpher Springs area. I'm south of there near Quitman. I have lots of things planted, but so far not much is coming up yet. Maybe if we planned something for late April I'll have something to trade and we can get more interested.

Steve

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 6:59PM
etfishwolf(8)

Just found this post. Wasn't aware there was a separate section. I would attend a swap or get together of some kind in the Sulpher Springs area. I'm south of there near Quitman. I have lots of things planted, but so far not much is coming up yet. Maybe if we planned something for late April I'll have something to trade and we can get more interested.

Steve

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 7:11PM
dannab1(8. W. Tawakoni)

I would be interested in meeting in late April....I am at West Tawakoni.

Danna

Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 11:10PM
toadlilly(z7/8 ETX)

I'm in Quitman-CJ

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 12:16AM
txgarden57(7/8)

Hi
I appologize for taking so long to get back to some of you. The idea of a plant swap for Northeast Texas is still on. If by chance you'll be at the FT Worth plant swap Saturday. I'll be there, so look me up I'll be the guy who hopefully can get someone to trade for some heritage tomato seedlings. About four people responded to the idea of a plant swap in Northeast Texas. If you'll be at FT Worth, I hope several of us can all get together in person then we can all get together online and get something going.

Several of you expressed a concern about not having anything to trade. I know the feeling, but I'm going to FT Worth anyway with my seedlings. So think hard about what you might have to trade. Seeds maybe? books/magazines? Tools? I think anything gardening might fit. When I moved I found out I have two hulahoes! The amazing thing is I never have bought one! What a great trade item I hate those things! By the way my mom loved hers! I hope my seedlings get me several things I can trade. Who knows maybe when they find out we're starting a swap they'll take pitty on us and give us some stuff to trade!

Thanks & Happy Gardening
Roger Palmer
Rogerp1057@yahoo.com

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 7:30AM
dannab1(8. W. Tawakoni)

Roger, I sent you an e-mail. I will see you Sat. look for Lane and Danna.

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 5:51PM
caroler8(z8TX)

We are planning a plant swap in Kilgore, tentative date October 7, 2007, at 2 p.m. If you are interested please contact me and I will keep in touch.

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 5:54PM
cdonelson(zone7 TX)

I am in Denison and my sister is in Mineola and we would love to have a swap meet in the area. We have lots of plants we could bring to trade. Let me know if you get this going and where and we will be there.
Cathy

Bookmark   July 4, 2007 at 8:02AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Denton County 2014 Fall Swap
Denton County 2014 Fall Swap Sunday, October 19, 2014 2:00...
melvalena
HAVE: Flame leaf sumac
About 2-3 feet tall. May have some eves necklace roots...
azlcd
WANTED: flower seeds
I live in South Austin and am a newbie. I do container...
Karen.137
WANTED: fruit tree rooted cuttings - grapefruit, guava, avocado
Seeking fruit tree rooted cuttings/plants that can...
gardenlover1
Just seein' ... if ...
Just seein' if a new post will show up on the supposed...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Sponsored Products
Adesso Leggia Black Wood 36 in. Tall Pedestal WK2851-01
$99.99 | Home Depot
Dura-Trel Camelot 5-ft. Vinyl Wall Trellis - Mocha - 11140M
$73.99 | Hayneedle
Progress Lighting Path & Landscape Lights Black 1-light Landscape Spotlight
$94.86 | Home Depot
Fine Art Lamps Villa 1919 167110ST Table Lamp
LuxeDecor
Home Decorators Collection Living Room Tables Composite Wood Chess Table in
Home Decorators Collection