wanted: bell county plant swap this weekend, no fooling

centraltexan(8 Belton)March 28, 2006

The plant swap for the Temple/Belton/Killeen/Bell County and the surrounding areas is this weekend on Saturday April 1. It will be held in Belton at the North County Annex:1605 N Main Street (next to the Scott & White Clinic).

The County Extension Office and other USDA offices are in this building. Its also the home of the Bell County Master Gardeners. Not only will we be able to sit and visit with each other while exchanging our plants, but we'll also be able to see a veggie garden in the works. The Master Gardener Greenhouse is also at this site. We should be able to tour this during the swap.

Look around your yard, divide those plants that really need it, make some cuttings, gather up the extras you have sitting around and come on. You can swap plants, cuttings, seeds, magazines, books or just about anything related to gardening.

Don't forget: April 1st. 9am-noon. Plan on bringing a chair along with a dish to share for lunch. Parking is around back. We'll meet in the back at the picnic table. Bring a friend if you like.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Xtal(z8b Temple. TX)

Raymond,

I'm mentioning it again in my MG class there today. I don't think that they realize the benefit of posting that they are coming. I'd be glad to pre-arrange some of my trades if someone wrote me. Otherwise, they'll get what's left after everyone else has gone through my plants.

Were you able to contact those couple of ladies nearby to see if they were interested in coming? My new GW friend here in Temple, has to work that day.

Bring your Wasowski books. I'd LOVE to look through them. Can you reserve our classroom in case of rain?

I REALLY look forward our hosting our FIRST swap. This is going to be so much fun. See you Saturday. I'm also making my t-shirt layout presentation to my MG class today.

Xtal

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
WANTED: wanted: Chinese Tallow Trees
can use a lot of them. have red oak seedlings, a couple...
sylviatexas1
HAVE: Denton County 2014 Fall Swap
Denton County 2014 Fall Swap Sunday, October 19, 2014 2:00...
melvalena
have: free: bamboo
Not sure of the variety, but do have a few pics if...
Xtal
wanted: have: bee brush, aloysia gratissima
Xeric small treelike shrub with while flowers. Not...
Xtal
have: plant swap this saturday, july 19
Blooming Buds Group is having an Open Invite to anyone...
leapingfroglady
Sponsored Products
Red, Green & Gold Glitter Tree Set
$13.99 | zulily
Spring Blossom Wreath
Grandin Road
Faux Orchid - WHITE
$295.00 | Horchow
Round Rose Arbor
Fifthroom.com
Dark Green Hood Style Landscape Light
$19.98 | Lamps Plus