Tomato-tone

fultonApril 1, 2012

Is Tomato-tone still the best commercially available fertilizer or has something better come along?

Larry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

I don't know that it was ever considered the "best" as there are many good ones to choose from - both organic and non-organic.

But I do know that some folks on the Tomato forum have commented on their dislike of the changes made 2 years back in the Tomato Tone formula. They talk about guarding with your life any of the original recipe you might have.

If you want a good organic mix then check out the products from Fox Farm, Gardens Alive, Dr. Earth, Earth Juice, and Perfectly Natural.

Dave

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 10:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rnewste(8b NorCal)

fulton,

When the "New 3-4-6 Tomato-tone was introduced a few years ago, I grew tomato plants in both the "New" as well as the "Old" 4-7-10 formulation. I saw better results with the Old formulation vs. their New product. Look at the difference in the ingredients list for reference:

I am now blending a 50/50% mix of the Old with the New Tomato-tone to try to get the best of the two, until my supply of Old Tomato-tone runs out in about 5 years. Hopefully, something replicating the Old formulation will come on the market by that time.

Raybo

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 1:41PM
More Discussions
What is wrong with this leaf?
This Pink Brandywine has one bottom leaf that is dry...
dragon49
Need Help with Hydroponic Tomatoes
I started growing tomatoes hydroponically indoors using...
hawkeyext
Repotting tomato seedlings - use regular potting mix or orchid mix?
Hi All - I am going to repot some tomato seedlings...
jennieboyer
Quick Start
I sowed 6 tomato varieties yesterday in frozen garden...
goodground
The Color Of Tomato
Do you remember the movie called The Color Of Money...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™