It's Fungi Season

carbosJune 23, 2011

Well, the rainy season is upon us here in south FL. Glad for the rains since we desperately need it, but my Cogshall has quickly taken on the look of a cheetah. I'm surprised because by all accounts this cultivar is disease resistant.

That said, I have sprayed twice with Southern Ag Liquid Copper Fungicide. Once about a week and a half ago, and again yesterday. Not seeing any improvement. In fact, the tree looks even more spotted. Should I be concerned? Should I switch to another product?

Any recommendations? The tree is also sending up another wave of new growth as we speak, if that needs to be considered.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gnappi

I'm using "Sunniland Coppercide" and neither of my two mangos are having a current problem. Could it be that you are diluting it too much?

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 11:26PM
marinfla(10 South Florida)

I recently bought a 32 ounce bottle of Bonide. I also got a 1 gallon sprayer. I mixed 5oz with a gallon of water. The sprayer released the mix in a fast fine spray so it clung better on the leaves and made it easier to reach under leaves and deep into the branches...so far so good for my scale problem and fungus! One within a week of the first application everything started growth flushing and no issues. I had tried the Copper and Neem Oil and it wasn't working.The Bonide was pricey $20 for the 32 oz. size but I think it was worth it.
here is a link someone posted of a picture of the bottle:

http://s907.photobucket.com/albums/ac271/vapordoc/?action=viewät=987e6897.jpg

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 8:17AM
carbos

marin, that Bonide product looks interesting. Pricey, perhaps. But if it works, well worth the cost. Were you able to buy it locally? I don't recall seeing it any the Home Depot, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 10:54AM
marinfla(10 South Florida)

HI Carbos, So far I think it's working better and worth the $20. I did get it at Home Depot.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 11:43PM
carbos

Thank you, marin. I see my local Home Depot shows it being in stock on their website. I'll pick some up and give it a go.

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 7:02AM
More Discussions
Help ID this Papaya plant
Hi A friend gave me a seedling grown from a seed they...
eagleeyesg
Need help/advice on dwarf tropical trees
Hello everyone! So I live in WI and am trying to pull...
sjpickart
Do you have a Soursop that is producing fruit for you?
I purchased a Soursop back in 2009 and it has always...
bananafan
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™