WANTED: Have: Allen Spring Plant Swap

denisew(z8 TX)March 31, 2008

The Allen Garden Club is sponsoring a plant swap on Thursday, April 3 at 7:30 pm at 102 N. Allen Drive in Allen, TX. Please bring your plants in containers - nursery pots, plastic bags, damp newspaper, etc. and label all plants. Seeds should be in envelopes or ziploc type baggies with the name of the seeds written on the outside.

Directions from Highway 75 (Central Expy.) and McDermott: East on McDermott, left on Allen Drive (second light), you'll see the little blue-gray house is on the left, go to the stop sign at Main St., turn left, then left onto the gravel drive and park in the grassy area in the back. Both the front and back doors will be open for you to bring your plants inside to the meeting area.

We will also have a short presentation that night by our Community Services Household Hazardous Waste Coordinator, Donna Kliewer about our recycling program here in Allen. Refreshments will be served and all are welcome to attend. See our website for more details.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allen Garden Club

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denisew(z8 TX)

I forgot to mention some of the plants that I plan on bringing: tall Brazilian verbena, daffodil bulbs (ones that are done blooming) - Thalia, garlic chives, sweet autumn clematis (in 4" pots), red oak seedlings, chrysanthemums, hyacinth bean vines-started from seeds, and more. I'm still digging and dividing, so I know I will have more by Thursday.

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 9:43PM
debbiedo7(zone 8 Texas)

I'm busy on thursday's.
I wish ya'll the best for Happy trading
Debbie

Bookmark   April 1, 2008 at 12:23AM
denisew(z8 TX)

Just bumping this back to the top. The swap is tomorrow night. Let's hope the weather cooperates, even though the event is indoors. It is just getting all those flats of plants from the vehicle inside or at least to the front porch.

Bookmark   April 2, 2008 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
Just seein' ... if ...
Just seein' if a new post will show up on the supposed...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
WANTED: Ft Worth Autumn Swap Nov 1 2014 "Save the Date"
I know it's early, but the calendar is filling up fast! November...
sylviatexas1
HAVE: Flame leaf sumac
About 2-3 feet tall. May have some eves necklace roots...
azlcd
WANTED: Trade Lists Ft Worth Autumn Swap November 1 2014
I know that the weather is, as the song says, hotter...
sylviatexas1
HAVE: Baptisia seed
Looks like I'll have a nice crop of baptisia sphaerocarpa...
abarbie4me2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™