Lychee tree

skmillerJune 3, 2014

I have two Lychee trees. One I grew from seed (not sure what kind it is) that is about nine years old. It has never produced, and a Emperor Lychee that I purchased 11 years ago. It was producing when I purchased it. I have had several crops from the Emperor. But for the last three years, it hasn't even flowered, let alone produced. It looks healthy.... but it isn't just my Lychee. I have two a couple of friends in the same neighborhood and their trees haven't produced or flowered either.... Is there something we can do to make sure that next spring. I thought maybe I had trimmed it at the wrong time of year, so last year I didn't even trim it.

Live in Zone 10 in palm beach.

Thanks for anybody who can help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Try the link below from Lycheesonline...Also what part of FL do you live in? did you have a warm winter...I had plenty of "chilling" weather for my lychee tree but I live in Central FL. I think trimming around the middle of July is suggested...Try the trimming tips. It worked for me last year, though my tree is only 3 years old...its produced 2 years in a row...not sure if its luck or the trimming lol...

As for your seedling grown lychee they can take a lot longer to produce than air layers or grafted...but I'm sure it won't be too much longer.

But, keep in mind even though you do all the right things....lychees are known to skip a year or two depending on your location and variety...sometimes they just won't produce no matter what you do :o(

Here is a link that might be useful: Tips on Getting Your Lychee Tree to Produce Fruits

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
Yellowing of Papaya leaves
Hi all, My papaya plant has been losing it's lower...
CoryMiamiBeach
Need help choosing containers for red maradol papaya
Hi friends, I am planning to start red maradol papaya...
vidnand
soursop tree
Hello, we have some young soursop trees and they have...
cee8
Where to purchase Seedless Guava Tree that ships to CA?
Hello everyone, last month, my uncle brough me two...
simon_grow
How to protect your tropical fruit trees from freezing?
Here in 9b fl, we're expecting some hours of freezing...
bananafan2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™