Henrietta, NY - What to do while we are there...

adina72(z5 CNY)March 14, 2008

DH and I will be going to The Rochester Flower show tomorrow. We don't get to Rochester very often and would like to make the most of our time while we are there for the day. We are usually only at the show for 2-3 hours and then the rest of the day we like to shop in town. Is there any place we should definately go to while we are there? We like gardening, woodworking, antiques, and flea markets. we also like to look for unique places to get good food. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klavier(Z7 Baltimore)

When and where is this?
I am not in Rochester often but for the second time in my life I will be there tomorrow. What an opportunity.

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 11:28AM
adina72(z5 CNY)

You really should go...it's a fantastic show.

All the info can be found on their webiste.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rochester Flower Show Website

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 11:55AM
laurelin(z5a/4b Upstate NY)

I used to live near Rochester, and went to school in Geneseo (south of Rochester). I don't know much about shopping/eating in town there any more. But, if you're down south of the city, Tom Wahl's in Avon has been making incredible burgers, and homemade ice cream and root beer, since 1955. They also have new locations around Rochester since I lived there (see www.tomwahls.com). And if you get a chance to see Letchworth State Park (near Mt. Morris/Nunda), it's lovely. I'm sure others there can point you to great places closer in to the city for food/shopping.

Laurel

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 6:49PM
More Discussions
Double Knockout Roses in Zone 5
I'm posting under Upstate New York because it would...
birchhill
ID this Critter?
These are showing up on my Joe Pye Weed in the early...
wantoretire_did
ID Critter photo
Oops, need more coffee.
wantoretire_did
HAVE: N. Rome: U-dig Lily of the Valley
I have a gorgeous thick patch (or two :) of Lily of...
party_music50
website change
why did they change the format for this site? it is...
jerome69
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™