Any signs of spring?

booberry85(5)March 18, 2014

This winter has been depressing. It's been too long and too cold. So I want to know if and what signs of spring you seen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ponyexpress_1

I have been hearing the Canada geese quite a bit and also my spring bulbs are poking through the ground. A lot of birds chirping at dawn too.

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 3:15PM
party_music50

VERY long, cold, and DEPRESSING winter!

Ordinarily I won't see my first robin until the 3rd or 4th week in March, when there are decent-sized patches of ground exposed -- and then I will only see one or two robins occasionally until the weather really warms. What's really weird this year is that I have been seeing large *flocks* of robins since the 3rd week in February!!! I have no idea how they're surviving! The snow is deep, the temps are ridiculously cold, there are no bare-ground spots *anywhere*!

It's now March 19 and so miserable out that I haven't even bothered to think about starting seed. It feels like spring is still months away!

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 6:52AM
booberry85(5)

I've been sneezing! LOL! Might not seem like a sign of spring, but it means my allergies are kicking in. I'm allergic to pollens and molds. I think its because of tree pollen.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 6:36PM
ray4852

Its snowing now, About 2 inches today. I saw the grackle at my bird feeder the other day, My bees are trying to get out of the hives to get to work. I havenâÂÂt seen any bluebirds yet at the nest boxes. Once I see them its spring.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 7:30PM
ray4852

Its snowing now, About 2 inches today. I saw the grackle at my bird feeder the other day, My bees are trying to get out of the hives to get to work. I havenâÂÂt seen any bluebirds yet at the nest boxes. Once I see them its spring.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 7:34PM
frank-h(4)

What is "Spring"? :(

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 8:40AM
booberry85(5)

The Canadian geese are all clustering in the one patch on the lake that isn't frozen over. Guess they should have waited a week before returning.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 8:09AM
party_music50

I heard on TV yesterday that our high temp (22F) was 5 degrees below our normal low temp (27F).

It's the winter that will never end! I'm predicting that the snow will stop by July. :)

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
ID this Critter?
These are showing up on my Joe Pye Weed in the early...
wantoretire_did
Free Seed Swap & Giveaway Victor NY April 04 2015
Seed Exchange & Seed Giveaway April 04, 2015 10:00...
mrsdlight
wolves in ny state ???
Was wondering about the sightings of wolves in New...
lynnenychemung
Brown Recluse Spiders~WARNING!!!
Yes. They DO live in NY State. Have for quite some...
thosedarnsqurls
Hummingbirds are back! and hungry!!!
I've had my feeders out for awhile and am finally seeing...
party_music50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™