WANTED: Wild Violet/Wood Violet

weenerdogg(Zone 7b)April 27, 2008

Would love to have either as a ground cover. I have seeds to trade as well as larkspur, pink oxalis, and a few caladium bulbs. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catlunatic(z8a TX)

How much are you wanting. I have had the wood violets around my place for years and I can look and see what I can come up with for you. I think I met you at the ft.worth plant swap but I am having a hard time placing faces with screen names. I will check tomorrow.

Hope

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 11:06PM
weenerdogg(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure how much I need. I would like as much as I can get. We may have met at the swap. There are so many names and face to remember. :)

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 1:39AM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

I met both of you at the swap, but cannot put faces to names at this time. I also have a few wild violets that I do not want.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 8:44AM
london_gardener(7)

Can someone please post a photo or give me a Latin name for these. Google gives a Viola and an Oxalis for wild violet/wood violet. I have the Viola. Loads of it. Buckets of it. OK, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I am composting the seedlings right now. What exactly do you want? I am pulling little violas out of what was once a lawn ... and now I'm wondering if I should be saving them. At least I think they're violas. Maybe I should take a photo. Maybe I should let them grow. Now that I think about it, I have no idea what they are. How do I post a photo on here?

Sheesh!

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 9:56PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Sarah, Rose Lee has posted instructions over in the gallery section. I still have trouble posting pics, but you may be more computer savvy than I.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 9:02AM
weenerdogg(Zone 7b)

I am looking for the viola type. The oxalis is not a true wild violet but a wood sorrel. I have that too even though it is not doing so well. I am looking for a good native groundcover that others may not want. I am not a big fan of traditional turf lawns :)

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
have: plant swap this saturday, july 19
Blooming Buds Group is having an Open Invite to anyone...
leapingfroglady
WANTED: Newbie seed help
Hi I have just started container gardening in my tiny...
schywalker
San Antonio Texas Plant Swap - Free event
Event is being hosted by: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RevolutionGreenSeedBank/ You...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
WANTED: Hardy hibiscus
If you've got some seeds, I'll trade you. I've got...
Xtal
HAVE: Waxahachie Autumn Swap Saturday October 18 2014
This will be our second swap at Brown Singleton Park; the...
sylviatexas1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™