Nam doc mai blooming now?!?!?

mfajarJune 12, 2011

My small nam doc mai bloomed and is holding now tiny little fruits. I thought this was an early mango, I actually just bought one that should be ripe in a couple of days. Is this normal? Or is the tree off and they will fall? The tree is in a 3 gal container which I bought last fall. It was going in ground by July but now I want to leave it alone and see what happens.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mangodog(palm springs 9B)

Mfajar - I believe they are purported to bloom more than once a year (at least in tropical climates)....did it bloom earlier this year, or is this the first time?

What you are insinuating is correct I believe - compared to most mangos grown in zone 10, yes that is a little late.....of course once it goes in the ground, all habits could change...perhaps it is just a youngster trying to find its way in this world?

:) Mango D

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 9:44PM
James-hoon

Only nam doc Mai#4 that bloom more than once a year as far as I read in the forum. I have nam doc Mai with show sign of flower right now but not bloom yet. I just got it this early spring from FL so it might be that the change of climate as somebody mention in my post before. I don't expect any fruit this year may be next year or more.

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 12:43AM
terrisofla

mjajar,

Mine is blooming too. If fact, mine has been blooming since November 1st and is still sending out the occasional spike. None of the blooms in the past 2 months have held any fruit, but I have other issues with my tree so it may be different for you. I've had quite a few problems with it, but I certainly can't fault it in the "blooming" department. Best of luck,
Terri

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
Fertilzing with Alfalfa Pellets
Hi I would like to fertilize my young mangos with alfalfa...
jalilu
problem with carica papaya seedling survival
Hi I live in a temperate zone, have a large conservatory,...
marcyoung
Cool climate Mango flowering.
Notice the flower structure seems very compact? Rootstalk...
stanofh
Kesar Mango
Have you guys heard of Kesar Mango from India. I would...
mangobaby
Avocado Emergency-indoor gardener
Avacado with established roots and shoot, knocked over...
thumbsvert
Sponsored Products
Hand-tufted Blue Kiser Wool Rug (3' x 12')
Overstock.com
Meditating Aged Bronze Buddha LED Indoor/Outdoor Fountain
Lamps Plus
Alessi | 5180S24M - Nuovo Milano 24-piece Monobloc Cutlery Set
YLiving.com
Hemsley Wreath
Grandin Road
Cameron 4-Light Chandelier by Fredrick Ramond
$939.00 | Lumens
Barcelona Chair and Ottoman-Red
IFN Modern
People viewed this after searching for: