WANTED: Galveston Co Plant Swap

BlueBonnet46(z9a Gal. Co. TX)May 12, 2007

WOW!!! What a GREAT SWAP!!! Not only was there some neat plants but I met a lot of very nice people today. A lot of new faces to go along with all the neat & unusual plants. Mary Ellen & Margie....you have done a fantastic job along with all your helpers at pulling on the swap this spring. Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone I got my neat plants from & to everyone who made this swap happen.

THANKS,

Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marilyn_c(z9 Tex.coast)

It was a lot of fun!

Bookmark   May 13, 2007 at 4:57PM
pepa(z9 TX)

I think it was one of the best. Thank you! Thank You! To everyone who helped make it happen, and to all the people that swapped with me.
Pepa

Bookmark   May 13, 2007 at 5:54PM
beachplant(9b)

It was a blast! Now I have to get to work & get the cuttings started, the plants in the ground....

Tally HO!

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 12:38PM
bossjim1

Margie, your crew did a fantastic job, as usual. This was a great Swap, delicious food, and wonderful people. The Galveston County Plant Swap team deserves a standing ovation! Thanks,
Jim

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 10:32PM
angie83(9)

I too had a great time .Great job all.

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 1:46AM
sunny43(Z 6 Pa.)

We have had some great swaps in the past but this huge swap tops them all. The Galveston County Plant Swap committee worked hard to bring you this incredible event. We had an immense amount of plants to choose from and the cooks outdid themselves. We also had gorgeous silent auction items, and the information booth with the 3 Master Gardeners and all their free literature was an ENORMOUS success.

"BUT" this swap would not have been worth a pot of beans if it werenÂt for all the generous friendly swappers who attended. You are the ones who made this swap such a success and you REALLY put on a show this spring.

A Houston Chronicle reporter was present to interview swappers and take pictures. Watch for the upcoming article on our swap

Our next swap will be held Oct 13, 2007. For those who have not attended one of our recent swaps then come join us for an extraordinary experience you will not soon forget.

I will be posting pictures soon on our web site.
Happy gardening.
Margie

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 12:29PM
More Discussions
Just seein' ... if ...
Just seein' if a new post will show up on the supposed...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
HAVE: Waxahachie Autumn Swap Saturday October 18 2014
This will be our second swap at Brown Singleton Park; the...
sylviatexas1
Wanted: Fruit Tree Cuttings
Anyone have true type fruit cuttings they would like...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
sylviatexas is now irisfan42. don't know why...
but I couldn't get sylviatexas to work. However,...
sylviatexas2
WANTED: Casimiroa pringlei
I am looking for Casimiroa pringlei plants or seeds. Thanks, Ed...
katyrarefruitgrower
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™