Syracuse area/Daffs & tulips blming yet?

phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)April 8, 2007

Just wondered if anyone in this area has had daffodils or tulips blooming yet (LOL)

I just wondered, even though NOW IT'S SNOWING AGAIN! because my sister-in-law lives in the same zone in Ohio, and she told me tonight that she has ALREADY CUT most of her daffodils. Sounds too early for me....my daffodils didn't begin to bloom til the beginning of May last year. I realize that there are some very early bloomers, but this sounds crazy. Just curious! :0) Phyl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keeperofthememories

I'm about 1 1/2 hrs east of Syracuse. We have snow too.:(

Nothing blooming here yet.... and it's been too cold and windy the last several days to do anything outside!

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 7:42AM
phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)

Thanks, Keeperofthememories! (BTW, neat sounding name!) I'm a little bummed with this weather, as we finally have a week off from school (I work in a school district), and it's not at all conducive to gardening! :0) Phyl

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 12:10PM
Carol_from_ny

You might be in the same zone BUT chances are she doesn't have to deal with the lake effect weather you get so she might just be ahead of you with her blooming flowers.

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 2:09PM
green_panther(Upstate NY)

I'm only just able to see the daffies heads. Half of them got knocked down and killed with the snow last week. I only got to see my crocus' open TWICE before the snow did them in too! My very early tulips are starting to show heads too, but no blooms. Hopefully this warm weekend will give me garden some color!

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 9:06AM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

I am in the Buffalo Niagara region but as of today no sign of my tulips blooming. Daffs have been blooming. I don't think my tulips are going to do anything this year. They usually bloom by Easter.

Penny

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 10:36AM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

An update to my previous post:
As of today, I have not seen one tulip blooming in the areas I have traveled in, around and through in the past month ... between Buffalo and Niagara Falls. I see lots of tulip leaves and I know that my own are just that...leaves, and not the first sign of a bud.

Penny

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 6:17AM
tracywag(Z5 NY)

In binghamton, my Daffs started Saturday and by evening were in full show. My early tulips started Monday evening. My bulbs and buds did not seem to take a big hit with the wacky weather, thank goodness.

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 8:23AM
gottagarden(z5 western NY)

My species tulips have been blooming for about a week.

Bookmark   April 28, 2007 at 7:07AM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

Well my tulips just rotted this year. I have one that is up but still not open. The rest are gonners.

penny

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 8:34AM
chrisltropical

My tulips have been blooming for over 5 days now. My cherry tree is blooming now too.

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
Asiatic Lilly buds gone
It happened last year and I just noticed again today....
wantoretire_did
Time for seed catalog fun
Well, catalogs and online lists. Also time to go down...
diane_nny
Need help - what will be in bloom mid-June?
I am hosting a garden tour for our local garden club...
ridgetop01
Help with ID this plant
We visited Rockport Maine in September and noticed...
p.polyxenes
Help with Viburnum... Wentworth Cranberrybush
Hello... I'm new to this site so please bear with me....
Greeneyezz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™