Any damage to your tropicals from T.D. Bonnie to report?

andrew78(6)July 25, 2010

Hi guys,

Enduser had mentioned on a previous post that he had some fruit drop as a result of T.D. Bonnie. I was wondering how the rest of you made out. The Weather Channel made it sound like Miami took the hardest hit with the highest winds and torrential rain. I hope you guy made it out okay. I know from posts in the past that these storms can wreck havoc on your tropicals and I hope everyone made it out okay thru the storm.

Andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hmhausman(FL 10B)

Thanks for asking and for the kind words of concern. Bonnie was nothing more than a couple of nasty thundershowers and some gusty winds. NO damage at all that I am aware of other than a banana pseudostem being knocked down....which happens with an ordinary thunderstorm.

Harry

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 6:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Thanks Andrew, No damage, just an inch of very much needed rain, no wind at all. My kind of tropical depression. We've been very dry for over two weeks, but the first few days of July had gotten almost 9" of rain. Its "feast or famine" around here lately when it comes to rain. So a low or tropical depression is always welcome! Its the named storms that we're not crazy about.

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 7:12AM
More Discussions
Do you have a Soursop that is producing fruit for you?
I purchased a Soursop back in 2009 and it has always...
bananafan
Help ID this Papaya plant
Hi A friend gave me a seedling grown from a seed they...
eagleeyesg
soursop tree
Hello, we have some young soursop trees and they have...
cee8
Yellowing of Papaya leaves
Hi all, My papaya plant has been losing it's lower...
CoryMiamiBeach
Tips on rooting wax jambu
Hi Everyone, I'm attempting to root some cuttings from...
stu123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™