possible southern tier plant swap???

amber_m(5)April 15, 2012

hi, just wanted to throw out the idea of a southern tier plant swap. im from lisle ny and i havent been able to find anything in the area for anything like that. maybe if i find enough people in the area we could set one up??? i would even be interested in hosting it if we could get enough interest. the only problem is that i dont have that much to trade/swap... would people be interested in a small fee amount if a swap is not possible? im trying to work on my home that i purchased in december and i dont know how much of anything i have, but i really would like to add more myself so that i have a feeling of ownership when i look outside. the only problem is that we live on a very low income. so i figured insetad of shelling out tons of money at nurseries and such i would look into plant swapping or even purchasing some that would be at lower cost than at a nursery. im new to all this so i dont know if im steooing over any boundaries or rules when it comes to plant swapps and such. if someone could fill me in on the whole idea that would be great, and let me know if there is any interest in a local plant swap. thank you for at least listening.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nixon(z5ny)

i love plant swaps. count me in. easy swaps are the best. you have to bring a set amt. of plants, take a number, and swap, and plants left over are give aways

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 1:32AM
More Discussions
HAVE: N. Rome: U-dig Lily of the Valley
I have a gorgeous thick patch (or two :) of Lily of...
party_music50
Are there apples forming on your trees?
Hello, Last year I had hundreds of apples on my Granny...
lori_ny
website change
why did they change the format for this site? it is...
jerome69
WANTED: Group exchange in Utica/Rome area?
Hi all -- I know there are at least a few members who...
party_music50
Favorite Nursery in Capital Region
What's your favorite and why? Where is it located? I...
GardenMomma11
Sponsored Products
Campania International Turtle Cast Stone Planter - P-647-AL
$144.99 | Hayneedle
40 in. Philo-Selloum De Luxe - 152510
$199.99 | Hayneedle
Yell Mini Potted Tulip
$13.99 | zulily
Rosemary Herb Scissors
$8.99 | zulily
Farmers Garden Kit
$14.99 | zulily
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Organica Black/Natural 6 ft. x
Home Depot
Utility Carts: Edsal Platform Trucks 24 in. W Platform Cart red PT2448
Home Depot
Jaipur Baroque Bernini Transitional Abstract Pattern Wool/Silk Tufted Rug Multic
$99.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™