My 3 cremated Siberian huskies

mudlady_gw(Syracuse-z5)April 23, 2011

I live near the west side of Syracuse, out in farm country. I am in Conquest which has a Port Byron mailing address, and I am about 20 miles south of Lake Ontario. I want to plant a weeping mulberry tree near my bird feeders--yes I know the birds poop will be nasty. I have the ashes of three good sized dogs and want to know if I can place these ashes into the bottom of the hole that will be dug for the tree. I have no idea of the composition of the ashes, but I am sure all the hair and soft tissue is reduced to almost nothing and suspect the bones make up the majority of the ash. Thank you to anyone who has suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowergirl34(5 Upstate NY)

Hi mudlady!
I'm right around the corner from you in weedsport :). Howdy neighbor!

I would have to assume that the ashes would be just fine. When our dog passed away we buried him and then planted a oak tree right next to him. That was 7 years ago, the tree is fine and growing as usual. He was about 150 pounds when he passed. Hope this helps.

vina

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 6:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosesstink

I think the ashes are mostly calcium phosphate. I don't know if the amount of calcium phosphate from the remains of three huskies is enough to affect the growth of a mulberry. You could try searching for those terms and see what you come up with.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
Asiatic Lilly buds gone
It happened last year and I just noticed again today....
wantoretire_did
Weeds
I have recently bought my great uncles house and the...
James_Christel
Time for seed catalog fun
Well, catalogs and online lists. Also time to go down...
diane_nny
Brown Recluse Spiders~WARNING!!!
Yes. They DO live in NY State. Have for quite some...
thosedarnsqurls
Help with Viburnum... Wentworth Cranberrybush
Hello... I'm new to this site so please bear with me....
Greeneyezz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™