WANTED: Banana pups

sowngrow(TX8)August 8, 2010

Lost all my banana trees due to the foot of snow/harsh winter we had and am looking for pups in the Keller/Southlake area. I've got Tropicanna cannas and Golden Lucifer cannas to trade. Would like to meet up to trade, rather than mailing in this heat, if possible.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

I lost mine also, sowngrow, so will be watching this thread with interest. I live very near you.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 8:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reyna1(Zone 8)

mailing in the heat doesn't damage the plants as long as plants are packed appropriately :

I live in Austin and just did 2 banana trades with folks in Florida and Louisiana and received the banana plants in very good condition. I got confirmation that the banana that I shipped arrived in very good condition as well.

whoever trades with you would just need to make sure to follow these steps, or extremely close to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPVuiOGCz18

I have have 4 banana's currently - 2 pups of unknown type that grow over 15-20 feet tall (the parent has produced bananas and is several years old); 1 high color mini (just received this one in a trade, however looks to be ready to produce a pup soon *crossing fingers*), 1 Chinese lotus banana (just received in a trade). I have a dwarf Cavendish that I am expecting to be shipped by Monday (i should receive that on Wednesday). All the shipments for bananas were done priority (shipment was initiated on Monday or Tuesday at the latest). Cost range was 5-7 dollars to ship.

I am not interested in trading at this time, however, I wanted to assure you that trading via shipping worked well for me and hope you find someone to trade with you. Next year if my plants produce pups - I'd be more than happy to trade with you, but that is still several months away. I should have quite a selection if my plants survive and thrive.

Danny

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 1:36PM
More Discussions
WANTED: flowering quince
im looking for tx red flowering quince. Prefer tall...
aznxchange01
HAVE: Waxahachie Autumn Swap Saturday October 18 2014
This will be our second swap at Brown Singleton Park; the...
sylviatexas1
Just seein' ... if ...
Just seein' if a new post will show up on the supposed...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
wanted: have: bee brush, aloysia gratissima
Xeric small treelike shrub with while flowers. Not...
Xtal
HAVE: Kale
I just harvested kale...I have more than I can use...does...
Suzan51
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™