Green sapote seedling

RodneyJSJuly 25, 2013

Here's an update on my green sapote seedling. It has more compact growth. I feed it worm tea every week or two. It is also fed some azomite, kelp/humic acid, yucca powder on occasion. I just recently foliar sprayed with diluted Himalayan pink salt, too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sapote(10a)

This looks like a Mamey, not green or white sapote.

Sapote

Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 1:54PM
msmorningsong(SW FL 10A)

Agreed. I have both mamey and sapote, that's a mamey.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:01PM
MasterFruitnut

O.K. So how does one get a hold of some seeds? I've yet to try aGreen Sapote. I am a huge Mamey fan though. Because of where we live, we cannot really expect to plant Mamey, and get any fruit. That being said, I am extremely interested in getting a some GREEN SAPOTE SEEDS. I need to find someone who can send me seeds!!! If you know of anyone, or anyone that knows someone, who might be able to help, please let me know. I'm in it for the long haul, and am anxious to see how it does here: both on the barrier island, and on the mainland (not far from the ocean), in the Melbourne, Florida area. I am led to believe that the Green Sapote may be a tad bit "cold hardy", than any of the Mamey varieties. I am looking to try seedlings, GS grafted onto GS rootstock, and possibly GS grafted onto Mamey stock. I'll pay shipping, and whatever other "fees" that would be required. This may be the answer to my dreams, as the Mamey just will not make it this far up the East coast. My Rollinia are growing well so far.

Please let me know if you can help me out by hooking me up with a contact. I'll pay whatever is fair. I can pay by Paypal, Money order, Cashiers' check, or credit or debit card.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 7:47PM
greenman62

what is yucca powder for and can i make my own ?
I have several large Yucca, they keep propagating, and they are hard to kill.
i dont mind a few small ones, but every summer, i have to get rid of 3-4 big ones

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 11:53AM
More Discussions
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
Need help with mango tree
I have a tree and was wondering if in the future it...
lindalepark2006713
Is my tree a Sapote or a Sapodilla?
Hello, I am new to this forum and growing tropical...
waterfowler90
Where to purchase Seedless Guava Tree that ships to CA?
Hello everyone, last month, my uncle brough me two...
simon_grow
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™