Salt of the Earth

RodneyJSJuly 22, 2013

Aftering read about remineralization via sea salts, I decided I will try a trial foliar spraying w/ diluted Himalayan pink salt. It's $2.99/lb at my local Sprouts. Sea90 recommends 1 teaspoon/gal of water, so I'm going with a weaker solution of 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt/5 gal water. Himalayan pink salt has over 80+ trace elements, which are supposed to be beneficial to both plants and the human body. I'll update if all my fruit trees & veggies have kicked the bucket or not.

BTW, I also made my own sole (pronounced sol-lay), a concentrate of Hinalayan pink salt & water. In the morning, I take a teaspoon put in 1 glass of water.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bananafan

I've heard that they're good for health, but I don't know how so. It's good to that they contain 80+ trace elements. I bought some mainly because the color look so pretty in the bottle ... lol.
You've just started my curiosity to find out more about its healthy benefits. I didn't know that it will be good for plants also. So, how long have you been taking your sol-lay? Have you found any difference healthwise after taking it?

Here's a picture showing the different shades of pink they come in, although I don't know if the third bottle from the left is truly the Himalayan salt. I didn't find the info on the label.

Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 4:14PM
RodneyJS

So far, so good. I've foliar sprayed 3 x, soil drenched once. No dead plants yet ;)
I've also top-dressed with Azomite, as well

Bookmark   August 12, 2013 at 12:45PM
RodneyJS

So far everything seems to be thriving. Diluted urine is universally accepted as a great fertilizer. Funny thing is, is that it has about double the salt content of seasalt. Naysayers tell me I'm killing my plants with salt, yet advocate using urine which has double the amount

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
Maridol Papaya with large fruit growing in Hayward/SF bay area.
Grows On You.com has a photo posted by "Delonix" of...
stanofh
Lychee like grapes
I just sat down reading some of the forum posts with...
zone10aridgardener
Lara Farms Nursery??
Anyone familiar with this Florida nursery that can...
ohiojay
Gac harvest
just finished my harvest of gac fruits
bitepourrie22
Avocado leaves dying
I've been growing two avocado plants for about 10 months...
leuconoe
Sponsored Products
Salt & Pepper Set - MOCHA
$65.00 | Horchow
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Sarah Off White 9
Home Depot
Jaques Giant Outdoor Snakes and Ladders - 80655
$111.99 | Hayneedle
Y-Grinder Salt & Pepper Mill - Joseph Joseph
$40.00 | HORNE
Joy Carpets Animal Crackers Area Rug Multicolor - 52-B
$129.99 | Hayneedle