Frost Warning !!!

breenthumbMay 20, 2006

Just got this email from the Garden Factory, Rochester, NY. Looks like we have a little skurrying to do. Sandy

Frost Warning!

The weather this evening is being described as unseasonably cold. It may drop down into the 30s! Burrr. Please take action to protect your plants from frost.

Protect your Annuals, Veggies and Herbs.

Cover your bedding annuals, veggies and herbs with old sheets or towels to protect them from frost. Gallon milk jugs or 2 liter soda bottles with the bottoms cut out can be used to protect small vegetables plants.

Protect you Hanging Baskets and Container Gardens.

Bring your Hanging Baskets and Container Gardens into the house or garage for the evening.

Thank you,

The Garden Factory

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
penny1947(z6 WNY)

My plants have been in the garage since last night. Anything outside will have to sink or swim.

Penny

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 9:25PM
theraglady47(z4 NY)

I sure hope you are wrong, I have so many plants outsdie it would take a night to get them inside. I checked my weather and it said 45 for tonight.

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 11:39PM
magicman2u(z6)

Its say 39 degrees here tonight. I will zip up my greenhouse and like Penny said ...everything else is on thier own!...Wayne

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 12:47PM
faltered(Hamburg NY Z5/6)

Luckily I haven't planted anything that I sowed indoors yet. My winter sown babies are in the ground but they're used to the cooler weather. Covered up my morning glories that had sprouted so I didn't lose them. Hopefully we'll be in the clear after tonight.

I hear 80s for the weekend.

Tracy

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
Time for seed catalog fun
Well, catalogs and online lists. Also time to go down...
diane_nny
Are there apples forming on your trees?
Hello, Last year I had hundreds of apples on my Granny...
lori_ny
ID Critter photo
Oops, need more coffee.
wantoretire_did
brugmansia
I absolutely love the looks of these trumpet plants,...
younggreenthumb47
wolves in ny state ???
Was wondering about the sightings of wolves in New...
lynnenychemung
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™