Pics of my new Mango tree.

Andrew ScottJuly 21, 2010

Today I got my Maha Chinook mango tree from Frankies in Hawaii. I had contacted them almost a year ago when Harry had posted about his. I was told that I would never find one of these trees for sale. It looks like my persistance has paid off!! The tree is a little over 4ft tall, and came in great condition. Leaves were cut in half for shipping. Since I have troubles with posting more than one pic, I will post another message with another pic of the whole tree.

Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jsvand5

Nice. Looks like you may have given me a reason to place another frankies order. I'll have to wait until the get some Rapoza mangoes in though.

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 6:58PM
Andrew Scott

Hey J,
You may want to call them. Lynn had mentioned something about this tree and I can't remember if she said they had more of them or not. i wanted to get more than one mango tree from them but it is the cost of the shipping and the inspection that really made me decide not to. I can't wait for this tree to grow and begin bearing fruits. I have to say that there trees are the best quality tropical fruit tree I have ever recieved.
Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 7:06PM
swrancher

Andrew,

If you dont mind...How much did the tree end up costing after the shipping, ag inspection, taxes, etc?

Thanks,

Tony

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 7:15PM
ohiojay(z6 OH)

It normally is better to purchase more than one tree. You already pay once for a box fee and more than one can fit in a box. A bare root tree won't bump up the shipping much if any. Usually hit you with a bare rooting fee. I was never charged for an ag inspection or taxes though. Where are you at?

Now you need to soon do a Puglvr prune on that tree! I've got two mangoes and that is plenty for the greenhouse.

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 8:09PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

Your Maha Chinook is beautiful! It sure does make me want to get another mango tree... (not that I need another tropical..lol).
Bo

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 9:35PM
gardenathome(9B/10)

Hi, Andrew! A very nice tree you have received! Thank you for sharing your newest addition with us. :-)

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 9:50PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Congrats Andrew!! Very nice tree. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
Hak Ip Lychee Blooming SoCal
Last year i decided to plant 3 lychee trees here in...
grox200
Need help with mango tree
I have a tree and was wondering if in the future it...
lindalepark2006713
Avocados for zone 3?
Please see below for my question.
loneroc1
Lara Farms Nursery??
Anyone familiar with this Florida nursery that can...
ohiojay
Cool climate Mango flowering.
Notice the flower structure seems very compact? Rootstalk...
stanofh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™