have: plant swap in allen/fairview, tx - oct. 2

denisew(z8 TX)September 21, 2010

Come out to The Village at Fairview located at Highway 75 and Stacy Rd. (NE corner) on Saturday, October 2 from 9 am until 12 noon for our fall plant swap. Please bring your plants in containers - all labeled. Seeds are welcome in labeled envelopes. We'll have the swap at the new Community Gardens located along the north side of the property just north of the Macy's store near the big fountain and Purple Cow. This event is free and is sponsored by the Allen Garden Club and The Village of Fairview.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fairview

Other than your self and plants, is there anything else you recommend to bring. First plant swap.

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 10:07AM
denisew(z8 TX)

The Village at Fairview is providing tables and a couple tents. You might want to bring an empty flat or produce box to carry any new plants home. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

I have been busy digging a lot of my plants that have multiplied: rock rose, turk's cap, lyreleaf sage, black-eyed Susans (Fulgida goldsturm), buffalo currant, pink yarrow, sweet autumn clematis, daylilies, etc. I'm still digging plants, so will probably have more by the end of the week.

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 2:52PM
fairview

I have several each of Elizabeth Traub & Ellen Bosanquest and 1 Emma Jones Crinums plus a couple of Blue River and Plum Crazy Hibiscus, Turks Cap, a few Brugs and a bunch of either Lycoris squamigera & radiata in a grab bag mix. I renovated an area while they were dormant that contained both. I can't tell which is which when they are dormant.

It will be interesting to see what else will be there.

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 5:48PM
denisew(z8 TX)

Hi fairview - Thanks for coming out to the plant swap. You mentioned sending me pictures of your garden and I would love to see them. Please either post them here in the gallery or send them to me at allengardenclub.org.
Thanks!
Denise

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 2:10PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Denton County 2014 Fall Swap
Denton County 2014 Fall Swap Sunday, October 19, 2014 2:00...
melvalena
Discussions
Where are the discussions and gallery on the Texas...
ruthz
sylviatexas is now irisfan42. don't know why...
but I couldn't get sylviatexas to work. However,...
sylviatexas2
WANTED: flowering quince
im looking for tx red flowering quince. Prefer tall...
aznxchange01
WANTED: wanted: Chinese Tallow Trees
can use a lot of them. have red oak seedlings, a couple...
sylviatexas1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™