Jackfruit variety

chrisvelas77(Socal 10b)July 28, 2010

I current have the option to get a jackfruit but I don't know which variety to pick. I'm able to pick one of the following Black Gold, Singapore dwarf, Zieman Pink, and Golden nugget. I prefer a dwarf or non vigourous variety I know Black gold and singapore dwarf can be kept a small stature but not sure about the others.

Thank You in advance

Christopher

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hmhausman(FL 10B)

I am presently growing, or have grown in the past, Black Gold and Gold Nugget. Black Gold is more vigorous than Gold Nugget, but both can be maintained at a relatively small stature. Ten to twelve feet high is where the Fairchild folks say these trees can be kept. I have heard of the other culitvars but cannot give you any guidance on their growth habits.

Harry

Bookmark   July 28, 2010 at 10:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mango_kush

i have cheena which is growing very small, stout, branching low and bangkok lemon which has been growing vigorously upright

i hear gold nugget has superior flavor to black gold. black gold is not a dwarf tree, it grows large and symmetrical.

ive never seen a simon pink or read a review of its fruit, i read it is a dwarf variety

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 12:36AM
More Discussions
WTB Wax Jambu, Star fruit and Barbados Cherry cuttings
Want to buy (WTB) cuttings of the following plants Star...
poetie
Tips on rooting wax jambu
Hi Everyone, I'm attempting to root some cuttings from...
stu123
Need help with mango tree
I have a tree and was wondering if in the future it...
lindalepark2006713
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
Is my tree a Sapote or a Sapodilla?
Hello, I am new to this forum and growing tropical...
waterfowler90
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™