WANTED: Rose Cutting

mikeb1206(7)September 1, 2008

After years of trying, I finally learned how to propagte roses! And as with most gardeners I want more and more and more.

If you have any rose cuttings I can have, please email me. I will be happy to give some of the plants back to you if I get several cuttings. I live on the west side of Fort Worth and work in the downtown area so any are is not far away.

Thanks

Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seamommy(7bTX)

hi Mike,

I have a rose garden with about 50 roses, all different varieties. You are welcome to come and take any number of cuttings. Many are in bloom right now so you can see what you're getting. I live west of town in Springtown. If you're interested send me an e-mail and I'll give you my address and we'll set something up. Cheryl

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 11:35AM
mikeb1206(7)

Cheryl,
Thanks again for the cuttings and the pleasure of meeting the famous seamommy.

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 10:36PM
weldontx(z 8a TX)

Mike, on your way home from Cheryl's in Springtown, you can swing on over toward Keller (I'm 3 mi. west) and I can supply you with a good variety also. Remember, when propagating roses, patented roses are protected for about 20 yrs. helpmefind.com\roses will help to ID the ones with patents.
But there are still enough to keep you busy for a LOOOONG time, believe me. BTW the Buck roses are not patented.
Weldon

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 10:07PM
mikeb1206(7)

Weldon, thanks for the information and the invitation, I will be glad to take you up on your offer this weekend. I spent last night working on the stack from Cheryl so I should be good to go by Saturday or Sunday, whatever is best for you.

Mike

Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 2:28PM
seamommy(7bTX)

Weldon, thanks for the reminder. I will do a little research and see which, if any, of my roses are still under patent. If so I will let Mike know so he can hide them from the rose police.

I thought you only ran into issues over patents if you tried to sell them. But Mike is propagating for his own enjoyment, so not sure how that shakes out, legally speaking, of course.

Cheryl

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 1:55PM
autumnshowers(z7 TX)

Mike, I work in downtown Fort Worth and live in west Fort Worth. My collection is made of rare antique roses not usually found in the U.S. Email me if you are interested.

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 11:46PM
chispazo(z8 AusTX)

If you haven't gotten them yet, I have two heirlooms...a Chestnut/Burr/Chinquapin Rose, and a Martha Gonzales Rose....if you ever get down to Austin.

Bookmark   October 15, 2008 at 12:38AM
phyllisb2008(8 DFW)

Hi Mike, was just wondering if you were going to the Ft. Worth swap Nov.1St and if so are you bring some of your roses? I'm looking for a pink or white climber for the fence along my drive way.

Bookmark   October 17, 2008 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Denton County 2014 Fall Swap
Denton County 2014 Fall Swap Sunday, October 19, 2014 2:00...
melvalena
WANTED: Wanted: Satsuma seeds
Does anyone have any Satsuma seeds they could share...
Xtal
WANTED: Hardy hibiscus
If you've got some seeds, I'll trade you. I've got...
Xtal
WANTED: Trade Lists Ft Worth Autumn Swap November 1 2014
I know that the weather is, as the song says, hotter...
sylviatexas1
HAVE: Waxahachie Autumn Swap Saturday October 18 2014
This will be our second swap at Brown Singleton Park; the...
sylviatexas1
Sponsored Products
Crystorama Antique White Crystal Floret Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Cauldron with Feet
Grandin Road
Kichler Rizzo Chrome Chandelier 6-Light
PLFixtures
Area Rug: Niagara Falls Vintage 5' x 8'
Home Depot
Carosella Rug 5' x 8' - LIGHT GREY
$499.00 | Horchow