Royal Botanical Gardens plant sale?

hammerl(z5-6 Amherst NY)June 22, 2005

Has anyone ever attended the Royal Botanical Gardens plant sale in Hamilton, Ontario, and brought back plants? What's involved? I see something about a phytosanitary certificate to verify the plants have no disease or pest not already in this country, but it's a bit light on info other than that. The government pages have just made my head spin. But the plant list left me drooling, and they have a note on this year's page for US residents that they had an inspector present on the first day of the sale, so it's not an impossible task.

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal Botanical Gardens

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamghatten(wny5)

I brought a daylily back from a Daylily Meeting that was held at the RBG's a couple of years ago. Had to pay extra for the Phyto cert. for the plant. Got to the American border and they asked me what I had to declare, when I told them about the plant and gave them their copy of the cert. they weren't really sure what to do with it.

So go ahead, make sure you get your cert....it's no big deal since the border people aren't really looking for honest people like us that do what we're supposed to.

Pam

Bookmark   June 25, 2005 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
crepe myrtle trees
I recently moved to northern NY and I'm trying to grow...
dixieboy8833
wolves in ny state ???
Was wondering about the sightings of wolves in New...
lynnenychemung
WANTED: Group exchange in Utica/Rome area?
Hi all -- I know there are at least a few members who...
party_music50
Used earthboxes for sale
As soon as the snow melts, I will have 15 used earthboxes...
disneynut1977
Freeze warning
Hey Central NY! Get out there and pick the last of...
booberry85
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™