Lilies blooming yet?

phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)June 17, 2006

Does anyone in the Syracuse area have lilies (asiatic) blooming yet? Just wondering....I have a lot that look ready to burst! I especially can't wait to see all the different Orienpet (OT) lilies and orientals for the first time this year (I planted many new varieties last fall and this spring!) :0) Phyl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laurelin(z5a/4b Upstate NY)

My asiatic lilies are just starting to color up in bud - probably a good week to 10 days away from bloom. I look forward to them every year, and I planted another cluster of my favorite ('Avignon') last fall, so I'll get more of a good thing than usual in my hot-color garden in the back yard this year. My oriental lily ('Arena' I think) blooms about the same time as my later asiatics ('LaToya' and 'Bergamo' and 'Lenox') and my tiger lily ('Sweet Surrender') in the front yard. I've got a couple lilium speciosum 'Rubrum' in a separate clump, but some critter broke off one of the bloom stalks - NUTS. I need to get more of those to make a bigger impact.

Laurel

Bookmark   June 19, 2006 at 12:49PM
von1(z4 NY)

MY asiatics are just about ready to open. I can tell they are orange! Yellow stargazer is in bud also. That will be a while yet.

Bookmark   June 19, 2006 at 11:33PM
adina72(z5 CNY)

I have one Asiatic that started blooming on Sunday, but the rest are not as far along as this one for some reason...probably the variety since I planted a mixed bag of them last fall.

Bookmark   June 20, 2006 at 12:58PM
hklimsa(zone5)

All My asiatic lilies are blooming, I live in Lafayette,

Bookmark   June 21, 2006 at 2:34PM
phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)

Thanks....just wondering. Our Lollipop and Orange Electric (asiatic) are now blooming....can't wait to see who else follows suit! :0) Phyl

Bookmark   June 22, 2006 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
Best farmers markets in Erie/Niagara?
While most of the posters and lurkers on this forum...
tomtuxman
brugmansia
I absolutely love the looks of these trumpet plants,...
younggreenthumb47
HAVE: N. Rome: U-dig Lily of the Valley
I have a gorgeous thick patch (or two :) of Lily of...
party_music50
Weeds
I have recently bought my great uncles house and the...
James_Christel
I have a severe case of spring fever - you?
Seeds are almost all arrived, and this weekend I plan...
ridgetop01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™