have: have: trimmings to root and seeds

kateyes(z9 Baytown)October 20, 2005

I am in the process of my annual fall pruning and winter bed prep. I will have lots of blue ruellia cuttings(both short and tall species), maroon-stemmed elephant ears, swedish ivy, lazy daisy, candlestick plant seeds, esperanza cuttings, camphor tree saplings, mother-of-millions "pieces", and a few other odds and ends. I will make a complete list on my "rounds" tomorrow of what will be cut/uprooted.

I collect salvias, agaves and succulents, elephant ear varieties, hibiscus, and "exotics/tropicals".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikeandbarb(z8 D/FW)

Hello:

I am very interested in the elephant ears. Is there anyway you could send me a picture of them so I can see what they look like cause I've never seen this one? Also can you tell me how big they get height and width?

I have many salvias, one of my faves is the Henry a blue salvia it bloomed all summer long like gang busters for me and it attracts bumble bees and hummers. I have a total of 10 different salvias that I can send you seeds of if your interested.
I also have a desert rose pink and white very pretty flowers, Umbrella plant.

Thank you, Barb

Bookmark   October 21, 2005 at 10:55PM
underdog_TX7b

There may be a few maroon-stemmed elephant ears. I believe the ones I keep to be 'Alocasia plumbea'. It grows to about 5ft, leaves can get large (2ft x 3ft maybe more), erect maroon-colored stems later drooping a bit, heavy-drinker of course, offsets after a while.

flowers are faint yellow, vertical, and shell-shaped.

Bookmark   October 24, 2005 at 6:20PM
cdonelson(zone7 TX)

I am interested in your Elephant ears. If you have any left I would be willing to trade you. I have several Hibiscus and I also have seeds for the Giant Elephant Ears (Alocasia Odora) Please email me if interested.
Thanks,
Cathy

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
WANTED: flowering quince
im looking for tx red flowering quince. Prefer tall...
aznxchange01
HAVE: Baptisia seed
Looks like I'll have a nice crop of baptisia sphaerocarpa...
abarbie4me2
HAVE: Waxahachie Autumn Swap Saturday October 18 2014
This will be our second swap at Brown Singleton Park; the...
sylviatexas1
San Antonio Texas Plant Swap - Free event
Event is being hosted by: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RevolutionGreenSeedBank/ You...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
WANTED: Casimiroa pringlei
I am looking for Casimiroa pringlei plants or seeds. Thanks, Ed...
katyrarefruitgrower
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™