WANTED: Eupatorium Havanense

ondrea_carina_leaf(7)November 7, 2008

Where could I find this to buy? North Texas area.

Does anyone have cuttings or divisions?

This plant was a show stopper at the Antique Rose Emporium.

The frangrance waft was so sweet and intoxicating. The butterflies and hoeny bees were swarming. It is a have to have plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jardineratx

I had the same reaction when I saw this eupatorium blooming at A.R.E. 3 years ago. They didn't have any when I tried to buy some and I have tried unsuccessfully to find it at other nurseries. Last Friday, however, when we returned to the rose emporium, they had a few one-gallon plants for sale. I purchased two of them...one for me and one for my daughter. If mine prospers and grows, I can mail you a cutting in the spring. Just email me in late march and see how it has done.
molly

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 7:14PM
catlunatic(z8a TX)

I bought mine at Weston Garden's in Ft.Worth. Of course my hallmark is if I like a plant I always buy several without any consideration for where I will plant them. Therefore I have a small one growing in the wrong spot that needs to be moved. You are welcome to it. I am in the DFW area. Let me know if you would like to try to transplant it.

Hope

Bookmark   November 8, 2008 at 10:14PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

mine will be flowering and going to seed. Eupatorium wrightii is very nice also if you have some filtered sun, and better soil than hill country crap. Butterflies love it. I got mine at the Barton Springs nursery in Austin.

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 11:02AM
linda_tx8(8)

My E. havanense plants are starting to go to seed if anyone would like some seeds. To see these plants covered in many butterflies and bees like we had had this fall is truly inspiring!
BTW, I'd love some seeds of that Eupatorium wrightii, wantonamara, if you could spare any. I've been wanting to try it out.

Bookmark   November 22, 2008 at 8:04PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

I have E. havenense seeds. I used to grow the E wrightii when I lived intown on a cutbank of well worked composted clay and some shade. It madeitself at home and woulftravel around in a curous way, and AHHH

Bookmark   November 23, 2008 at 12:01PM
linda_tx8(8)

jimgreen? I couldn't email back...the message said so, anyway. Could you get in touch with me?
flameflowerx@yahoo.com

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Kale
I just harvested kale...I have more than I can use...does...
Suzan51
WANTED: Newbie seed help
Hi I have just started container gardening in my tiny...
schywalker
HAVE: Flame leaf sumac
About 2-3 feet tall. May have some eves necklace roots...
azlcd
HAVE: Baptisia seed
Looks like I'll have a nice crop of baptisia sphaerocarpa...
abarbie4me2
sylviatexas is now irisfan42. don't know why...
but I couldn't get sylviatexas to work. However,...
sylviatexas2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™