WANTED: Chicken wire or wire mesh for fence

autumnshowers(z7 TX)December 1, 2008

I have two dogs that dig. The only solution I can think of is to encase my rose bed in the back yard with chicken wire or a wire mesh for fence. Anyone have any that they are wanting to part with?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trsinc(8 TX)

I'm guessing I'm nowhere near you as you're in zone 7. If noone else has any, you might try freecycle.

Bookmark   December 3, 2008 at 9:32PM
evelyn880216_yahoo_cn

we are wire and wire mesh menufacture in chian anping,if you need any pls connect with me,tks!

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 3:19AM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

If your dogs are not large the scolloped wire border might work. It's inexpensive, about 18 in. high, comes in 2 ft sections and you just push it in the ground a little ways.

I use it to keep my two dogs from tromping through the vegetable garden. The 22 lb. Basenji/Terrior mix and 16 lb. Miniature Poodle could jump it but they don't. I bought the green color at Big Lots and it virtually disappears, so much so you have to remember it's there to not trip over it. Big box stores also carry it.

Or you could use black plastic deer netting which comes in different widths, or it can be cut in what height you want, and string it around using the green plastic covered medal posts or even short bamboo poles to weave through and hold it. It shows hardly at all either. The big box stores carry it, but Craigs List might be a good place to look for it also.

Just a couple of ideas that might help. Good luck with your project.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
WANTED: fruit tree rooted cuttings - grapefruit, guava, avocado
Seeking fruit tree rooted cuttings/plants that can...
gardenlover1
WANTED: Trade Lists Ft Worth Autumn Swap November 1 2014
I know that the weather is, as the song says, hotter...
sylviatexas1
WANTED: Wanted: Satsuma seeds
Does anyone have any Satsuma seeds they could share...
Xtal
WANTED: flowering quince
im looking for tx red flowering quince. Prefer tall...
aznxchange01
have: plant swap this saturday, july 19
Blooming Buds Group is having an Open Invite to anyone...
leapingfroglady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™