mountain lion in upstate ny

isawa_lionSeptember 1, 2013

I saw a mountain lion in Clifton Park, NY, Grooms road to be exact. It was witnessed by my passenger and I, I wouldnt of believed it unless i saw it with my own eyes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lovetogarden(z4 NY)

I'm in Glens Falls. Clifton Park is south of me. Wow. I've seen plenty of Lynx when I lived further north but never a mountain Lion. Did you do a internet search on whether they live up here?

It just occurred to me that maybe this belonged to someone and it got out. I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 5:07PM
bernd ny zone5

Are you sure? YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE POLICE!
Clifton Park is densely populated, I live there! Grooms Road, WOW, I live on Appletree Lane, 2 miles North, what a scare. I better keep a long knife and sharp spade with me, wear a jacket and hat when in the garden, tell my family about it. Bernd

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 10:00AM
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

Someone just sent me a link to this thread, I only post in the GW Tomato Forum, so didn't see it and just reporting that I live just outside the village of Salem, NY, between Cambridge and Granville and someone I know very well saw a Mountain Lion farther up on my road.

I know this person very well, a hunter and knows a lot and she wasn't the only one to see it.

The person who sent me the link knows I've had major problems with Black Bears and said, what if, what if, here kitty kitty. LOL

Carolyn

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 10:07PM
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

Just adding that in this AM's Glens Falls Post Star there was an article about MountainLion sightings and it was said that they, also called panthers, have been extinct in the NE for many years. The article was in reference to one supposedly attacking a horse in Queensbury, which is in the GF area. The vets involved said the cuts were superficial and could not be attributed to a Mountain Lion.

Rarely does one pass through from the south or midwest but no confirmation as to one being killed and confirmed as being a true Mountain Lion.

No doubt that what was being seen were bobcats.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 11:13AM
More Discussions
HAVE: N. Rome: U-dig Lily of the Valley
I have a gorgeous thick patch (or two :) of Lily of...
party_music50
Asiatic Lilly buds gone
It happened last year and I just noticed again today....
wantoretire_did
wolves in ny state ???
Was wondering about the sightings of wolves in New...
lynnenychemung
ID Critter photo
Oops, need more coffee.
wantoretire_did
pink yarrow gone wild
My pink yarrow is out of control. My neighbors can...
RachaelLemmon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™