Long Range Weather Forecast

penny1947(z6 WNY)October 24, 2009

For those in the general Buffalo area here is our long range forecast from the Old Farmers Almanac:

ANNUAL WEATHER SUMMARY: November 2009 to October 2010

Winter will be about a degree colder than normal, on average, despite a number of mild periods. The coldest periods will occur in the second week of December, early to mid-January, mid- to late January, and mid-February. Precipitation and snowfall will be below normal in the east and above normal in the west. Watch for a snowstorm around Thanksgiving, with other snowy periods in early and late December, late January, mid-February, and mid-March.

April and May will be warmer and drier than normal, with an early-season hot spell in mid-May.

Summer will be cooler than normal, with slightly below normal rainfall. The hottest periods will be in mid- to late June and mid- and late July.

September and October will be warmer than normal, with below-normal rainfall in the east and above-normal rainfall in the west.

Penny

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Farmers' Almanac

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gottagarden(z5 western NY)

Interesting that it says nothing about Nov. This is the warmest Nov I can remember. Last year we had snow by this time and it didn't leave until April!

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 9:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
penny1947(z6 WNY)

Somewhere on the site I did read that we could get a snowstorm around Thanksgiving. I sure hope not as I am actually enjoying this delayed cold weather. I still have tropicals on the front porch.

Penny

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 12:01PM
More Discussions
I have a severe case of spring fever - you?
Seeds are almost all arrived, and this weekend I plan...
ridgetop01
pink yarrow gone wild
My pink yarrow is out of control. My neighbors can...
RachaelLemmon
Free Seed Swap & Giveaway Victor NY April 04 2015
Seed Exchange & Seed Giveaway April 04, 2015 10:00...
mrsdlight
Best farmers markets in Erie/Niagara?
While most of the posters and lurkers on this forum...
tomtuxman
website change
why did they change the format for this site? it is...
jerome69
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™