Heirloom Tomato Seeds

kimspangrudeMarch 14, 2011

Hello, I am new to the forum and old to Utah gardening. I have a fairly large garden space in my back yard, and my husband is currently covering it with a really spiffy quanset hut type greenhouse that will really be quite large. I want to start seeds right now, but am trying to figure out where to buy heirloom tomato seeds in Utah. I live up around 2700 East and 3300 South. Any ideas or suggestions? Also, when can you plant pole beans in a greenhouse - anytime as long as the soil is warm enough?

Thanks and happy gardening!

Kim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimh6278

it is a little late to be starting tomatoes. however, traces, 1432 S 1100 E
Salt Lake City, UT
will have a good supply of different tomatoes that could benefit from being located under some kind of cover. and an interesting place to poke around in.

Bookmark   March 17, 2011 at 6:35PM
mesu(4)

I usually order my seeds on line.Sorry don't have any extras left to share.
Jimh,please don't tell me it's too late to start tomatoes, Just started mine yesterday. can't plant them out until middle of May anyhow(Sevier County). We'll see how they'll do.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 11:42PM
spyfferoni(z/5 UT)

I have extra seeds that I would be willing to share. I saved a bunch of seed from my garden a couple of years ago, and I have a lot of seeds I have gotten through trades on a tomato forum I belong to. It is a little late if you wanted to plant out early, but you would be ok starting some seed now if you are planting out in mid-may. When I am late I just sprout my seeds in a warm place and then transplant them into larger containers and they seem to get bigger faster. I live in Springville, but my husband works in downtown SLC everyday. Also, I'll probably have some extra plants if you haven't planted any yet.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 1:26AM
More Discussions
Western hemlock in northern Utah?
Does anyone know of any cases of tsuga heterophylla...
Jim-Ogden-Utah
Tree browser
Just thought I'd send this great link from USU extension...
Kari Olar
Rosemary
Anybody have luck keeping rosemary through the winter?...
wfpineda
Poppy Changing Color
I planted orange poppies about 18 years ago. They moved...
BeverlyA95
What are you growing in your garden this year?
Hi all, I'm new to Northern Utah. We moved here in...
sf_mia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™