Oh Lovely Springtime!!

mary_maxMarch 24, 2007

I am having such a wonderful time out in the garden. After what seemed to be such a long winter (the inversion almost did me in.... I was a basket case) I am so glad to have springtime. I am enjoying each and everyday so much. I just dread wintertime again if it is like this last January. Is this inversion thing common in the winters around here? Will we have that to go through again? UG!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bpgreen(5UT)

"Is this inversion thing common in the winters around here? Will we have that to go through again? UG!!!"

Yes to both questions. Not always as long, but you can count on seeing inversions pretty much every year.

As far as spring goes, we're having spring weather now, but it's supposed to snow again Tuesday and Wednesday, according to the forecast in this morning's paper.

Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 12:28AM
beth4(z5 - Utah)

I welcome the snow (moisture, and maybe a chance to go skiing again), but I hope it stays on the benches and in the mountains. My apricot tree is beautifully in bloom now -- it looks like it could be growing back east, it is so heavy with blossoms. So, I definitely don't want any freezing to affect the apricots!

Bring on the rains; bring on the snow.

:)

Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 11:38AM
stevation(z5a Utah)

It looks like the curse of the frozen apricot blossoms will be upon us this week. This has happened a lot in recent years, and many Utahns complain that they can't get a good apricot crop in many years. According to weather.com, it's going to get to a low of 32 degrees on Tuesday and 28 on Wednesday in Salt Lake & Utah valleys. I think that will kill many of the apricot blossoms/fruits this year. :-(

I'm glad my nectarine, cherries and apples flower a little later. I don't have an apricot, but there's one across my back fence. They have been flowering beautifully this week.

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Best fruit trees for South Ogden area
Just bought a home and want to put about 4 fruit trees...
mattsk42
Blackberries
I am a newbie gardener who planted some blackberries...
CurlyQZ
Himalayan Blackberry
Hi all, I recently moved to South Jordan. I purchased...
snerrskin
Other forum suggestions
I am new to this site. From from I've read, other forums...
lme50
2015 Season, what are your goals?
I'm hoping to assist my sister with her new yard, which...
abq_bob
Sponsored Products
Kartell | Charles Ghost Stool
YLiving.com
Wet Paint Pillow Cover in Yellow
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Bottega Stool
Design Within Reach
Prop Light Floor Lamp by Moooi
$2,401.00 | Lumens
Madison Lamp
Ballard Designs
Antique Ledger And Fossil Lamp Shade 9x16x12 (Spider)
$89.91 | Lamps Plus
Area Rug: Sassari Brown 8' x 11'
Home Depot
Gwen 3-piece Twin-size Quilt Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™