NEW: Incredible Edibles: August Root Veggie Group Swap

sunnyk(Z6 SW Coastal CT)July 9, 2010

I hope everyone is surviving the nasty weather we have all been experiencing lately!!

I am a bit late posting...but Welcome to our Root Veggie Group Swap.

I will be taking sign ups until the 16th of this month. At that time I will e-mail my address to all of those who have signed up :)

Please then have your seeds in the mail no later than the 28th of July. And I will get your seeds back out in the mail by the 16th of August...and maybe a bit earlier if things work to my advantage :).

Okay...now for the details.

This is of course a Root vegetable swap. So anything you grow for root consumption will work. Beets, Carrots, Radishes, Parsnips, Turnips, Horseradish...to name a few.

Please put your Gardenweb name on your seed packets along with whether they are hand collected , from a trade or commercial.

Please no seed older than 2008.

Please no more than 3 packages of any variety, and a maximum of 30 packages per person.

Send your seeds in a Bubble Envy, along with a return mailing label, and enough postage for the seeds to make their return trip.In other words , whatever it costs you to send it out is how much to include for me to send it back.

Also include a list of what you sent in. Also include a wishlist, and a list of what you don't want to get back.

I will repost all of this when I update, because it seems like a lot to remember. :-D

This is going to be a ton of fun!!

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
booberry85(5)

Hurray! I'm glad you posted Donna. I'm root vegetable impaired. So I'm going to sit this one out, but I'll still be lurking & chiming in.

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 7:12PM
spoonietreasure(7 NW WA)

yummmmm! just closing on my first house. garden beds are going in first to have time to settle for fall planting. roots sounds great!

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 1:50AM
highalttransplant(z 5 Western CO)

Hmmm ... thinking about joining. I can't grow beets, because of the leaf miners, and my family doesn't eat turnips, or rhutabagas, but I grow lots of carrots, radishes, and parsnips ...

Bonnie

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 1:28PM
sunnyk(Z6 SW Coastal CT)

We aren't a big root loving family ...but the past two years I have been doing Carrots, radishes and beets.Usually in pots. So I know how You feel Bonnie!! But I still hope you decide to join.

And welcome to the swap Spoonietreasure, and congrats on the new Home and Garden!!

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 10:23PM
sunnyk(Z6 SW Coastal CT)

I gave it an extra 3 days, but due to lack of interest this swap has been canceled.

Spoonie I sent you an email stating the same, just in case you don't see this.

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 8:37PM
More Discussions
NEW: Beans, peas and legumes swap
I'll be hosting this swap. But, it's YOUR swap for...
tormato
UPDATE: My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap (Pt 2)
We all survived Christmas, but now it's time to get...
EricaBraun
2015 New England Plant Swap, Adams Farm, Walpole MA June 6 2015 9am
Calling everyone with green thumbs and dirty fingernails!...
lancerobinson
NEW: Big one time seed swap
Big One Time seed swap. Everything from Flowers to...
suzydaze
Garden Web messaging is back without having to follow one another!
Below I'm copying phylis's post from The Seed Exchange. Go...
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™