Help ID-ing problems with tomatoes?

cenesiaApril 9, 2012

Hello All,

I have a Mr. Stripey variety that I planted in Feb 2012 his year. It has many blossoms but none have shown signs of fruiting. I'm wondering if this has something to do with any disease my tomato plant might have. I noticed the lower end of the plant has some brown spots and some have curled. Pictures below. Can anyone help identify what type of disease these are and what type of fungicidal (if it's indeed fungus) can be used to cure them?

Thanks all, hope I can cure whatever the disease may be... :(

Cenesia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

The odds greatly favor growing conditions, not disease. Disease is the last option to be explored. So we need to know where you are located - I assume way south since you planted out so early - and if these plants are in the ground or in containers. We need to know what mix is in the containers, what fertilizer you use, how often you water, how big the containers are, any pest problems, etc. In other words, much more information please.

Dave

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 11:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cenesia

Sorry, I should've included more information. So here it is: I'm in southern California, zone 10. This plant was planted in a 7 gallon container, and is put out on our rooftop deck where it gets full sun about 6 hrs/day, sometimes even more. I planted it in a container with Ocean Frost potting soil, and I applied Dr. Earth tom, veg, herb fertilizer only once when I planted it in Feb of this year. I water every other day, or when the soil looks dry, I water thoroughly as I read that's the best way to water these tomato plants. I water in the morning before going to work, and I also adjust for rain (which hasn't happened that often, but it has rained pretty hard for a day or so, within the past couple weeks).

Hope that helps! :) Thanks!

Cenesia

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 1:21PM
More Discussions
How many cherry tomatoes can I put in one 10 gallon pot?
Can I grow 3 or 4 plants together? It's to save me...
shijitake
How soon would you fertilize after grafting tomatoes?
I grafted on Saturday February 21st. The tomatoes are...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Supermarket Tomato Plants III
Here are the 2 plants from my wifes tomato that sprouted...
garf_gw
Which tomato would you grow?
Out of the seeds I have, which would you grow two of?...
shijitake
The Kumato Tomato Thread
There is a litany of information across this forum...
smithmal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™