Rain

aquawise(zone 4 Utah)June 27, 2009

How do you like all this rain? Is it messing up you garden? Got mushrooms in your grass? I love it! the cooler weather is great and It saves on my water bill. How do you all feel about this weather? How is it affecting your gardens?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dereks(6 Utah)

I have loved the rain this month. As far as I'm concerned, this can go on all summer. I do have a few plants in the garden that are wanting some good summer heat. But for most of the garden, the rain has been a treat.

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 12:29PM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

Awesome! I can do without the heat wave to. Went up on cove Mt. today 62* Wonderful!!!! went fishing at big lake in my float tube, what a great way to spend an afternoon. Great to hear from someone else in UTAH. Thanks for responding!!

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 12:11AM
fourtoomany

I have been worried about my yield?! Not over watering was my hardest lesson to learn. And we got drenched this last month! My squash plant is flowering but it is not growing the squash like it should, any advice? Also getting tomatos to ripen any thoughts on this?

Bookmark   July 1, 2009 at 10:57PM
bpgreen(5UT)

How much did you fertilize the squash? One thing that can lead to a lack of flowering is too much nitrogen. It causes lots of leaf growth at the expense of flowering.

It last rained here Friday night. They're calling for possible rain every day through Saturday. If we don't get some rain by Friday, I'll have to turn the sprinklers on to make sure the lawn doesn't burn up due to a stray firecracker, but I love making it into July without even testing the irrigation.

Bookmark   July 1, 2009 at 11:23PM
fliebynight

I stopped watering a tree because of all the rain we were getting... and it hurt my tree. It's back on its normal watering schedule though and I'm glad the sun is out in full-force!! I have a desert landscape that thrives in the hot sun.

Bookmark   July 6, 2009 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
Any one growing magnolias in northern Utah/Ogden area.
I grew magnolias in Minneapolis MN zone 4/5 but since...
pamelavlcek
Utah conifer grafting?
I am looking for somebody that has done some conifer...
treeforme
Freshly planted Cucumber dug up
So I planted Cucumber Last night and a dog dug them...
rlarsen86
identifying ferns in Utah
I went hiking this past weekend in American fork canyon...
tzobell
Should I steer clear of these "fast-growing" shade trees?
I just planted the following fast-growing shade trees...
timsondrup
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™