Fall Colors

beth4(z5 - Utah)September 23, 2007

Not about our personal gardens, but about Nature's gardens.

This is a great weekend to drive up in the mountains to see the beautiful fall colors. I did that yesterday and they were just magnificent. If I'd been plunked down and didn't know where I was, I would have thought I was in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia -- they were that vivid, that beautiful. The reds and oranges, in particular, are gorgeous.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dereks(6 Utah)

My wife and I did the same thing today. Took a drive up Weber canyon then up to Snow Basin. On top of the good color we had a good rain too. Perfect drive.

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 11:45PM
beth4(z5 - Utah)

That's what we did yesterday....only we drove up Ogden Canyon and up the old road to Snowbasin. Drop dead gorgeous!

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 12:56AM
stevation(z5a Utah)

My family went up American Fork Canyon yesterday. The maples are red in some place, and some have lost their leaves already. The aspens are turning yellow but not quite there yet. Another week (or maybe sooner with the cold snap) and the aspens should be at their peak. I wish the maples and aspens changed at the same time to give more of that mix of colors. Maybe I should try Ogden Canyon sometime for more mixed colors.

Payson Canyon can be very nice, too, and I'll be down there next weekend. Maybe we can take the drive while we're down there.

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 2:21PM
More Discussions
Any Cedar City locals?
My husband and I live in the Cedar City area and are...
kimba217
Poppy Changing Color
I planted orange poppies about 18 years ago. They moved...
BeverlyA95
Blackberries
I am a newbie gardener who planted some blackberries...
CurlyQZ
What is this?!
It is already 5-6' tall and that growth is since spring....
dori123
Tree browser
Just thought I'd send this great link from USU extension...
Kari Olar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™